PDA

View Full Version : Merlin - just an update for his kind friends

angieh
19-03-2008, 12:36 PM
As I haven't given an update on Merlin for a while, thought I would in case his kind friends were worried about him!

He is doing as well as can be expected I think. He seems to be a lot better since the vet reduced his Metacam dosage. He now has just 2 units per day, instead of 3. Since the last dash to the vet at the beginning of February, he has had no further occurrence of the constipation/vomiting problems and has been eating well - still on Felix and toileting regularly. I do keep a close eye on whether he does a poo at least every other day and if not, give him a dose of lactulose which seems to do the trick!

He is bright, reasonably active, jumping up onto our bed in the mornings as normal and onto his favourite seat on the back of the sofa. His coat is glossy and he manages to groom himself. I do keep a daily eye and bathe his cyst.

He has been very loving over the last month or so and I cuddle him as often as possible. Neither OH nor MIL has to sit down for long before they have him curled up on their laps.

So, for now, we keep going. He sends purrrrrrs to his kind friends and don't I wish I could purrrrrr too!

Mags
19-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Thank you for Merlin's update Angie, it's heartwarming to know the old boy is doing so well considering..:D

I hope, when the warmer weather comes, he can relax and enjoy the sunshine..:)

Are we due a photo or two shortly? ;) :lol:

Fran
19-03-2008, 01:31 PM
So pleased to hear this news! :D

Agree with Mags, I think photos are inorder ;)

Steph
19-03-2008, 01:45 PM
I think I may have missed the start of this but it`s always good to hear about our friends on the mend.

Over on another site one lady reminded us it was now three years since her Sylvester vanished for a week only to be found but had to have a fore paw amputated.

`Silly` (alias tripod) looks great so yes pics please

angieh
19-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Steph - you will find Merlin's "history" here if you care to browse - it's a bit long I'm afraid which is why I started a new thread!
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=25616

Glad to hear that Silly aka tripod is looking good!

I'll get the camera out - Merlin is currently asleep in his favourite spot.

Ha ha - did you see, my signature has come on!!!!

Mags
19-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Ha ha - did you see, my signature has come on!!!!

Well done Angie! :smt023

angieh
19-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Here's the dear old chap - woke up just to have his photo taken - he's asleep again now but he does like to keep his public satisfied. :D :D :D

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/011.jpg

Mags
19-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Tell Merlin we are honoured that he gave us his time.....he is gorgeous!:-D

Hope we didn't disturb his sleep too much! :lol:

dandysmom
19-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh bless him. Angie, he is looking good! Thanks for the update on the dear old fellow, that's brightened my day!

Yes. saw you managed to add the signature, well done! Made me laugh because it's so true...

angieh
19-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks dandysmom - One small step for woman ........

Moli
19-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Great to hear Merlin is doing well, give him a huge cuddle from me...

Erin
19-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the update Angie and thankyou for the piccie of the gorgeous boy :)

Im loving you signature,so so true!!

MeowMixMe
19-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Aw he is truly adorable <3 Good to know he's in good health :)

babycakes
19-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I just adore Merlin so much, He is a very good boy and his mummy loves him very much XXX Thanks Angie for telling us how he is X Big hugs and kisses for Merlin

borderdawn
19-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Good to hear the updates Angie, pleased he is doing ok.

Elaine
19-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Excellent to hear how the old fella is doing and a stunning piccie of him too:D
I remember so well having to do the poop watch over my old boy. Not a pleasant thing to do but necessary, certainly in their old age.
Thankyou for keeping us updated, he's such a gorgeous guy xxx

Kay
25-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Glad Merlin is doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated. He really is a handsome old fella. Give him a cuddle from me.

yola
25-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, lots of love to the sweet Merlin. So happy he's holding up :D May there be many more good days. Hugs.

angieh
25-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Merlin (and I) thank our good friends for their kind comments and wishes! :D :D :D