PDA

View Full Version : skin problem now a bowel issue

TomJerry
18-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi

Just wanted to post my story incase others have a similar issue.

My Jerry (got both Tom & Jerry) last summer started to loose his hair from eye to ear and a rash was appearing, also loosing from his ears. On a visit to the vet he was treated with a steroid injection which appeared to work. However after 2-3 injections it wasn't working and he was loosing weight. Worried that the injections were worsening the issue I tried changing diets and giving him a bland diet. Removed all air freshners and watched closely for changes. Nothing seem to help and after being a big lad he continued to loose weight. At xmas we had an xray and discovered constipation, phew a releif to treat the cause I thought! Well initially yes but sickness has continued, not so much a skin problem now. Changed vets to get a scan done and that was just a couple of weeks ago. Releif its not anything sinister and bloods etc normal, layering normal but thickening of the bowel. Seems to be a inflammatory bowel disease and now just started a change to diet on Hills r/d which is fine for both Tom & Jerry.

Fingers crossed this will make a difference to Jerry and Tom will loose weight !

Hope this will help anyone out there who maybe experiencing a similar issue. I thought I was going to loose him to something dreadful but turns out to hopefully be a diet issue, he is only just turning 2.

Mags
18-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Thank you for updating us on Jerry.

It's good to hear that the vets have now diagnosed what was wrong with him.

I hope the diet helps to improve things for him ..........sending him healing vibes and cuddles :)

Please keep us updated on his condition..

babycakes
18-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I am glad that you have got to the heart of the matter, (was going to say bottom of it but didn't feel it was appropriate). I hope Jerry is back to his usual self pretty soon X

tilly
19-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Hi I know how it is as my cat Tilly has got Inflamatory bowel disease as well but she is doing well on d/d. It was very scary but she seems to be OK now.

Sally

TomJerry
19-03-2008, 07:38 PM
thanks all for your replies

Yes very scary but interesting you say d/d they have advised r/d just now still trying to get my head around the different kinds:?

I have Tom who is a bit overweight in the house but poor Jerry is underweight

so far so good though
x