PDA

View Full Version : Is she pregnant?

Jules
18-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Hi all

Long time no post :lol:

Long story but to cut it short a delay in getting my youngest spayed (which was imminent) has had the obvious effect and we think she may be pregnant :?

She has a rather large firm belly, is meowing incessently and wants to be stroked ALL THE TIME!

Any one have any idea how far she could be?

I know i have been very stupid (had alot going on) but its done now and i have to deal with whats at hand :?

sarahd
18-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I think the only true way of telling if she is pregnant is to take her along to the vets and get her scanned if you have no idea of when it could have happened. They should be able to give you an idea of how far on she is so you can begin to be prepared for her giving birth.
If she is pregnant her nipples should be showing signs of being bigger than normal too. Depending on how far along she is they could be anything from a coral pink to a dark pinkish colour.
Can you feel anything when you stroke her belly. You wouldn't necessarily start to see them moving until the cat is around 7 weeks pregnant sometimes it can be earlier but that is usually the case. The kitten kicks become more obvious the further along in the pregnancy the cat is. Then just before birth the kittens usually don't move as much as they have been doing.
Good luck

Sarah
x

Mags
18-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I agree with Sarah, your first step is to get her to the vet to have her checked....

angieh
18-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Good luck - you may have seen a cat giving birth before but if not I have to say seeing my Smudge producing her 3 kits was one of the most wonderful memories I have!

dandysmom
18-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Definitely the vet, IMO. Do let us know if she is, and when kits can be expected....
Oh, and nice to see you back!

borderdawn
19-03-2008, 11:37 AM
As I said, such a shame another baby pregnant due to owners "other" issuse, it amazes me how other things always seem to take priority over Cats, do they really mean so little? Poor little mite, I feel so desperately sorry for her.

Kim
19-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree with you Dawn.

What I can't undrestand is if you were unable to get her spayed, and the consequences were 'obvious' as you say, why wasn't she kept indoors? :?

Poor little mite, hardly more than a baby herself. :( Definitely needs a vet visit I think.

Jules
19-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Shes not "a poor little mite" at all and shes not a baby either.

I have heard your opinion already Dawn, i dont need to hear it again. I bow down to your superiority!

YES I WAS STUPID, IRRESPONSIBLE AND ANY OTHER NAMES YOU WOULD CARE TO CALL ME!

She will be looked after and taken care of along with her babies.

I came here for advice, so if you dont have anything useful to say keep it to yourself!

Name calling really doesnt help anyone.

yola
19-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Jules - good luck with the kittens if indeed that is what is happening. I do think you should run it by the vet just to be sure and to make sure there are no other health issues.

There are members here (myself included) who work for charities that are constantly advocating the benefits of neutering/spaying, and unplanned kittens are a very emotive subject as there seems to be an uphill struggle against people's apathy with regard to safeguarding their pets against having or causing unwanted pregnancies. I'm not saying this is the case in your situation at all, but we do come across it most days sadly.

We all want the best for you, your cat and your kittens but certain frustrations do boil over when unplanned cat pregnancies are discussed.

Fran
19-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Jules, good luck with the kittens. It might be just worth getting her checked over by the vet and he might be able to give you an idea just how far along she is. Please feel free to PM me if you have any worries or concerns.

Jules
19-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Jules - good luck with the kittens if indeed that is what is happening. I do think you should run it by the vet just to be sure and to make sure there are no other health issues.

There are members here (myself included) who work for charities that are constantly advocating the benefits of neutering/spaying, and unplanned kittens are a very emotive subject as there seems to be an uphill struggle against people's apathy with regard to safeguarding their pets against having or causing unwanted pregnancies. I'm not saying this is the case in your situation at all, but we do come across it most days sadly.

We all want the best for you, your cat and your kittens but certain frustrations do boil over when unplanned cat pregnancies are discussed.

I do appreciate what you are saying and agree with you, no-one is more upset about this than me, Dawn has already expressed her opinion on another forum so i felt it was uneccesary for her to come here and do it again and to imply i do not care about my animals, how dare she!

I took in a pregnant cat a couple of years ago and gave her and her kittens a safe place so i do not appreciate people making judgements on me for one mistake, i dont deny its all my fault, never have and have certainly not "gloated" about it as Dawn has implied on her website!!

Jules, good luck with the kittens. It might be just worth getting her checked over by the vet and he might be able to give you an idea just how far along she is. Please feel free to PM me if you have any worries or concerns.

The vet has been seen and all is well, she has 2-3 weeks to go, i will will be doing my upmost to ensure her wellbeing, may well take you up on that offer of advice, thank you :D

borderdawn
19-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Sorry, dont buy it for one minute. You can manage to keep your dogs seperate whilst she was in season, one of them is intent on killing your Cats, yet this little soul has taken a back place and been overlooked! Is it Isabel? If so she is what 11mths? :( (apologies if Im wrong there) but if I am you have had at least 5mths to get the Cat spayed, its a disgrace, adding to the HUGE number of moggy kittens bred without responsibility. I despair at the amount of owners that treat their own Cats like this, I really dont know how you could let this happen, I really dont.

As for my posting on another forum, why not? You did didnt you! Im glad you read the article on my website, its a shame it was after this poor little soul got pregnant wasnt it!

Im sorry you think I am being harsh or judgemental, but what I see in front of me is exactly what I have said, I dont "pretend" things are great, its a bloody disgrace, I feel so so sorry for that little Cat and I only hope and pray that she is ok and her and her offspring and not infected with disease because of you having other things to deal with leaving her at the back of your mind.

Yola is correct, its an emotive subject, and I apologise if I have offended you, but I had an awful lot of respect for you, I admired your strength to resolve the issues with your new Dog trying to attack your Cats, when I read this stuff it left me speechless, Im sorry but it did.

Jules
19-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Yes, Dawn so you have already said, more than once.

Yes it is a disgrace and could have been avoided, dont you think i know that?

IT WAS MY MISTAKE and i have never once tried to say otherwise, you make it sound like i did this deliberately which is not the case regardless of what you think. But then you like to get peoples backs up dont you, had lots of pm's saying just that!

Would you prefer i chuck her out and let someone else deal with it? Or seek advice on how to take care of her?

The damage is done, so harping on about the right and wrong of it isnt going to help anyone is it?

I dont care whether you "buy it" or not as at the end of the day your opinion is neither here nor there.

So, you can continue to bad mouth me all you like as i have stopped listening as have many others!

borderdawn
19-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Yes, Dawn so you have already said, more than once.

Yes it is a disgrace and could have been avoided, dont you think i know that?

IT WAS MY MISTAKE and i have never once tried to say otherwise, you make it sound like i did this deliberately which is not the case regardless of what you think. But then you like to get peoples backs up dont you, had lots of pm's saying just that!

Would you prefer i chuck her out and let someone else deal with it? Or seek advice on how to take care of her?

The damage is done, so harping on about the right and wrong of it isnt going to help anyone is it?

I dont care whether you "buy it" or not as at the end of the day your opinion is neither here nor there.

So, you can continue to bad mouth me all you like as i have stopped listening as have many others!
Pm's or not, I dont care, you have done very wrong by the pet you are supposed to be responsible for. Many people keep quiet on how they feel, thats fine if they want to do that but I dont, I dont paint pretty pictures, and to answer your question on throwing her out? Do you want me to answer whether another home would of landed her in this situation? ...............................................or not? ;)

Now then, good luck to your poor kitten, I hope she comes through ok, Ill be thinking of her. :(

Jules
19-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Pm's or not, I dont care, you have done very wrong by the pet you are supposed to be responsible for. Many people keep quiet on how they feel, thats fine if they want to do that but I dont, I dont paint pretty pictures, and to answer your question on throwing her out? Do you want me to answer whether another home would of landed her in this situation? ...............................................or not? ;)

Now then, good luck to your poor kitten, I hope she comes through ok, Ill be thinking of her. :(

Just shows quite how short sighted you are as all i have done is AGREE with you.

I have said from the very beginning how stupid i have been, so i dont quite understand why you keep repeating yourself.

As for your last comment, i think you'll find that wasnt the question.

borderdawn
19-03-2008, 07:32 PM
As I said Jules, Ill be thinking of the poor mite. :(

Nowt more to say really is there?

Jules
19-03-2008, 07:35 PM
As I said Jules, Ill be thinking of the poor mite. :(

Nowt more to say really is there?

Wow now theres a first ;)

borderdawn
19-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey, watch yourself! :mrgreen: