PDA

View Full Version : why?????

babycakes
17-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I have put Denis his dinner out this morning, he didn't eat it. I put a different one out he started to eat this mornings. :roll:
He has a bowl of water that is changed twice a day, he drinks from the bath, a dirty cup in the sink or a puddle in the garden. :mad:
I put a nice warm soft blanket down for him, or a cosy cat bed, he gets in a cardboard box or on a pile of knobbly uncomfortable things :?
He cries and cries at a door, I open it he stands and looks at me. :?
OH goes to put him out he runs and hides. :(
He won't eat lamb or beef if it goes cold. He won't eat big prawns but takes my fingers off for little ones.

dandysmom
17-03-2008, 09:03 PM
That sounds so very familiar....:roll: especially the cup on the sink and the dirty water in a puddle, not to mention the door bit. I suppose it is just because they are......cats!! :-D

Mags
17-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Sounds normal cat behaviour to me! :-D

Moli
17-03-2008, 10:40 PM
You have a normal, well adjusted cat there BC...:roll: :lol:

babycakes
17-03-2008, 10:44 PM
That's in one day!!!! not over a matter of course I do wonder if they do it to wind us up.

Moli
17-03-2008, 11:01 PM
I am sure they do, Oliver sits and watches me, if I look at him he then does something he shouldn't!!!

babycakes
18-03-2008, 12:39 AM
If Denis doesn't get attention then he will either stand on the table, dresser or what ever is in view and start knocking things off one by one until I have had enough and he gets what he wants or he will find a piece of exposed flesh and bite it!!! what's that about???

Darky
18-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Sounds like a very typical kitty to me. C:

angieh
18-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Most definitely attention seeking behaviour! Not having kids of my own I have no idea how mummy (human or feline) should deal with it - sorry. I know that now and then such behaviour can be seen as charming, but all the time would be very wearing! How old is Denis?

babycakes
18-03-2008, 06:53 PM
He is nearly four... He was feral and very nervous, he is very clingy with me now and follows me from room to room like a puppy. aybe he is testing me all the time?

angieh
18-03-2008, 06:57 PM
How long has he lived with you now BC? Sounds as if he is still feeling insecure and needs to know that you are there all the time. Don't think it's so much as testing you as him only feeling safe when he's near you. Sounds as if you might need to consult an animal behaviourist if you are finding his clinginess too much.

babycakes
18-03-2008, 07:03 PM
We have had him since he was around 8/10 weeks old. I love him and don't mind his clinginess really. He has come a long way. He is turning into a cuddle cat. However he won't go to sleep unless I sit with him and cuddle him. He will cry for me to follow him into the bedroom and he will pound away with his paws and get comfy and then I can leave the room. I suppose its really sweet. But I don't want to make him insecure either by doing this for him.

The rant on my first post was just a 'Denis I'm trying to get an essay done go and play' rant really

andrew021
21-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Jet is the same, she will eat small prawns but wont touch the large ones, even when cut for her.

She is soooo fussy about what food and flavour of food she will eat.

She pees in the bath and wont use the litter tray, when cleaning the sink with bleach she will jump onto the worktop and rub her ears in the bleach on the draining board.

She always gets to lie on my side of the bed whilst i have to lie at an angle in bed, last night she chased me of the sofa as she wanted to lie on the spot I was sitting on.

When I want her to go out she will hide and when I want her in so I can get to work she keeps me waiting until she decides she wants to come in. When she wants in she will cry and cry until the door is open.

Spoilt, Jet, certainly not !!

dandysmom
21-03-2008, 04:12 PM
To repeat what someone said earlier: you have a perfectly normal, well-adjusted cat......:-D

Steph
22-03-2008, 12:52 PM
To repeat what someone said earlier: you have a perfectly normal, well-adjusted cat......

How true.

Cleo seldom is seen to eat,and food more than five minutes old is disdained,she seldom talks but howls to go into cupboards,she sharpens her claws on the carpet(or my leg).

She `reads` my letters and papers through her bum-but she seems fit and well:D

babycakes
22-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I love their quirkiness though and wouldn't have it any other way

dandysmom
22-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I second that! Makes life interesting to see what they will think of next ....