PDA

View Full Version : Overpronation - Fed Up

Amber
14-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Just got back from my physio session and turns out that following my fracture I now overpronate :( basically meaning that my foot collapses at the arch, and rolls inwards, rotating my whole leg.

He doesn't think there's really going to be anything they can do to correct it, just a case of getting some good supportive trainers and/or some orthotics - great :roll:

babycakes
14-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Not really the outcome you wanted Amber. I am sorry that it can't be corrected. Hope it doesn't give you pain too.

Elaine
14-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh dear, cannt he give you, sorry to say it, more excersises to do to correct it?
I have fallen arches and developed really bad pain in my knees because of it. Basically, because my arches had dropped, I too was walking on the inside of my feet which in turn knocked my knee caps out of line, which is what was giving me so much pain.
My doctor wanted to give me anti inflamatories but I insisted that it needed to be fixed, so I got physio, got some excersises which helped greatly.

Amber
14-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Oh dear, cannt he give you, sorry to say it, more excersises to do to correct it?
I have fallen arches and developed really bad pain in my knees because of it. Basically, because my arches had dropped, I too was walking on the inside of my feet which in turn knocked my knee caps out of line, which is what was giving me so much pain.
My doctor wanted to give me anti inflamatories but I insisted that it needed to be fixed, so I got physio, got some excersises which helped greatly.

he did say that in most cases he would be looking at a cure situation, but in my particular case it's more than likely we are looking at preventatives, such as the correct trainers to hold my foot in the correct position etc. I trust him totally as he's been fantastic with me and has helped me no end - it's the fracture of my kneecap that's led to this and the way it has healed has been the main contribution.

dandysmom
14-03-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Amber, what a bummer! Good orthotics may be the way to go.....

Elaine
14-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Thats such a shame Amber, hugs to you xxx

angieh
15-03-2008, 12:31 PM
It is a real shame Amber but if corrective trainers help and keep you out of pain ..... not always the fashion statement you'd probably want to make I know (this from a woman who HAS TO HAVE COMFORTABLE FEET!) and perhaps you could get a support to stick into summer sandals - they do make 'em I'm sure. Have a look on the web.

Amber
15-03-2008, 04:14 PM
It is a real shame Amber but if corrective trainers help and keep you out of pain ..... not always the fashion statement you'd probably want to make I know (this from a woman who HAS TO HAVE COMFORTABLE FEET!) and perhaps you could get a support to stick into summer sandals - they do make 'em I'm sure. Have a look on the web.

I've ordered myself a pair of Asics trainers as they didn't have my size in the shop, should hopefully have those by the end of the week! Have also been looking at orthotics to stick inside my other shoes too, for now my physiotherapist has made me some foam wedges to stick inside my shoe until I get some propper ones :)

angieh
15-03-2008, 04:41 PM
You might like to have a look at this website Amber
http://www.footcareonline.co.uk/flat_feet.htm

They seem to have various supports for all sorts of foot/leg problems.

Amber
15-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks angie they are exactly the type of things my physiotherapist was talking about :D he did show me the website and the exact ones I was looking for but I couldn't remember the address :roll: the ones at the top are the ones he meant :)

alexgirl73
15-03-2008, 08:58 PM
sorry to hear this Amber, hopefully you'll feel loads better once you have the correct shoes.