PDA

View Full Version : Wine lovers... interesting test to take

dandysmom
13-03-2008, 04:41 PM
This was reviewed in the Food section of thr paper yesterday. Seems that the number of taste buds on your tongue, which can vary greatly determines your taste in wines. This short quiz tells you in which category you fall: I'd say it was about 90% correct for me, I fall in the Hypersensitive category.

http://www.budometer.com./

yola
13-03-2008, 04:49 PM
FlavorYour PreferenceMost WinesSweetnessdryDryIntensity (Body, Strength)moderately high intensityModerate IntensityFruitmoderate fruitModerate FruitOakmoderate oakModerate OakTannins (bitterness)moderate tanninsModerate TanninsAcidity (tartness)moderately high acidityBalanced Acidity You most likely fall in the (Sensitive Tasters) category. This doesn't mean these are the only wines you like, but it's a good starting point. You can look for the wines in this category for more interesting wines you may like. Sensitive Tasters (http://www.budometer.com./search/reviews.html)

That's me . . . not sure if it's correct as I'm really not into 'oaky', full-bodied wines one little bit, I prefer light and very dry.

Fran
13-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Hmmm, enjoyed the quiz Eileen! But it said that I fall in the Sensitive Tasters group but when I looked at the list of red wine suggestins, the ones I drink and enjoy are actually in the Tolerant Tasters category :lol:

dandysmom
13-03-2008, 07:48 PM
It was interesting: it was correct that I don't care for reds, nailed the whites I like: pinot grigio, riesling, but missed roses.....

babycakes
13-03-2008, 08:00 PM
The first bit of advice was acurate and then it said I fell into the 'sweet' category but may fall into the hyper sensitive which I tend more to do but I do like some of the wines in the sweet such as Zindafel Rose. But I am going to try the recommended wine list that was given for dry (on the second page) as I like a lot of the listed ones.

dandysmom
13-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I think I'm partially in the Sweet section also as I'm quite fond of Zinfandel rose also!

babycakes
13-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I think I am in between and depends on my indigestion levels at the time

yola
13-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I think I'm partially in the Sweet section also as I'm quite fond of Zinfandel rose also!

Just finishing a bottle as I type (not all drunk by me I hasten to add) ;)

Steph
13-03-2008, 09:02 PM
It seems that most wines fall into my taste categories-no wonder I drink so much of it!!

In my mis-spent 20s/early 30s I used to make the stuff and did win a few prizes

babycakes
13-03-2008, 09:04 PM
It seems that most wines fall into my taste categories-no wonder I drink so much of it!!

In my mis-spent 20s/early 30s I used to make the stuff and did win a few prizes

Sounds interresting tell us more

Steph
13-03-2008, 10:04 PM
It`s a long story. I used to make home made wine and beer-I won a few prizes around the show circuit. But in the same year I won the `National` for my Pale Ale I met my wife to be -and somehow other priorities took over;)

babycakes
13-03-2008, 10:14 PM
brilliant how interresting.