PDA

View Full Version : How do cats know?

Rosie
13-03-2008, 03:27 PM
My little Alfie knew instinctively from him first arriving with me that if he stuck his paw under the duvet at the bottom of the bed he would get a reaction out of the sleeping human! (he doesn't usuall get the reaction he was hoping for though):lol:

Rosie has never done it but Alfie if he gets too bored with waiting for me to get up will first try my feet and then stand at the side of the bed and go for my knees.

dandysmom
13-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Lol! Some of them certainly do know how to get a rise out of their wanting-to-sleep human, don't they! (Pun intended!) My Dandy was a poker..he'd come up and poke me gently in the face with claws in, of course; when I would turn over or pull the sheet over my head he'd just keep poking over and over till I gave in and got up.....
Leia is a good girl, she likes a lie-in as much as I do!

angieh
13-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Merlin has learned patience with age! He jumps on the bed usually as it's getting light (not too good in the summer) and then perches on my hip, firstly with his face towards my head and then if he gets no response, he turns round. He will stay there until I wake usually with the awful thought why can't I move?! He's never poked nor has he stuck his face into mine, or headbutted but he has always been a bit off-centre! :roll:

babycakes
13-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Denis comes under the duvet if he was waiting for me to get up and bite my feet. He has always done this.