PDA

View Full Version : Disquieting thought ......

dandysmom
12-03-2008, 09:54 PM
As most of you know, Onyx, my little black stray has been missing for 8 weeks today. I had considered the usual: another home, a RTA, but one of my neighbors I hadn't seen in a while asked me today if there had been any news, and then said it very well might have been a fox.... and that is true; we are only two blocks from the woods, and I occasionally see one, usually around dusk. And Onyx was a small cat; never weighed her but I'd guess 5 - 6 pounds...

I hope not....:(

Mags
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
It's best not to dwell on that last option Eileen, it will only upset you too much:( Remember Kazz's wise words to you and how much you gave Onyx in love and trust.
Hopefully you gave her enough confidence to find a warm home somewhere for the winter..

Elaine
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh no, erase that thought please Eileen. Although it may be a possibility, so are the others.
I pray that where ever she has gone that she is pain free and loving life, be it on this plane or another.
So difficult when you just dont know.
If she has passed over Eileen, rest assured she will be waiting for you at the bridge.
Hugs xxxx

yola
12-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Eileen - please don't torture yourself. There are so many what if's and could be's. It may be that you will never know - keep a happy thought alive - as a tribute to Onyx.

random
12-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Oh Eileen, I wonder the same kind of things about Tabs as she went without a trace too.

As much a chance of the bad things you may be thinking there is equally a chance that she just felt it was time to move on. Onyx was a stray and as much as you loved her she obviously knew her own mind and maybe she just decided it was time to up and leave or as fickle as cats are, she might have found a tastier food bowl and it's hard for us but it's just their way sometimes because of their independent characters. I know you can't help thinking the worst and it takes some time to accept it as it is the wondering and not knowing which leaves you unable to settle.

Just keep an eye out Eileen, if there's anything good to come from not knowing, it is that even though you imagine all sorts, there is still just as much chance you could see or even hear about her again from someone else, so every time you find yourself imagining something bad, make a conscious effort to imagine a more positive scenario which might have happened to counteract the bad one. This helped with me and I was advised to do this by a psychology teacher so I hope it is of some help to you too.

All the best x

angieh
12-03-2008, 11:48 PM
That's sound advice dandysmom - she could just as easily be sitting somewhere warm and dry and have a comfortably full tummy and a safe feeling.

Elaine
12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Perhaps the other restaraunt didnt have another kitty to chase her away and so she, after all your encouragement and care, had the confidence to go right in and make herself at home;)

Moli
12-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Think Elaine might well be right Eileen....She is probably sitting beside a roaring fire sound asleep...

Mags
13-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Think Elaine might well be right Eileen....She is probably sitting beside a roaring fire sound asleep...

............... and dreaming of her first kind mom ;)

dandysmom
13-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Thanks, all.... it's hard not to be a bit depressed not knowing. I will try to think positive thoughts about my little black girl....

Jac
13-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Oh Eileen, I'm sorry your feeling down. (((((((()))))))))) Hugs.

So many of us have "lost" our babies and know exactly what you are going through. As it's been said it's the not knowing and the what if's.
You did a wonderful job with her. She flourished from a timid little stray to a happy affectionate cat. That was down to you and your love.

I pray one day she will stroll into your garden again as if she never left.

CathyW
13-03-2008, 06:33 PM
in our local paper tonight there was a lovely story about an owner who lost her cat, but was re-united with him 2 years later :) he had been living in a storage container yrd. and when she got him back she said he was in lovely condition other than 3 balls of fur under his chin. hes a long haired ginger boy. lovely boy. :) if i can find the story on the website ill post it for u.
but chin up and think good thoughts.

babycakes
13-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Your mind could simply run away with you looking for an answer to where she is but I guess you might never know DM. Sorry X

(Come home vibes still being sent though)

Kim
13-03-2008, 08:59 PM
There are many possibilities Eileen, please don't torture yourself. I have seen my cats chase foxes on several occasions, and I I don't think foxes bother too much with cats.

Kazz
18-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Eileen, woman do not be daft Onyx is happy and secure.

Cats chase foxes not vice versa and a streetwise cat like Onyx would have had the way of it all "remember she lived her life outside" so was not a pampered housecat "no offence to Leia" ;) so she would have seen and understood foxes and the dangers of a life on the other side, she would not have fallen foul to a fox, if anything since your care and love she has put on weight and become a more formidale foe to a fox.

Now erase that thought straight away. Karen