PDA

View Full Version : My day at Crufts

Kim
08-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi All

I have had a brilliant, but very tiring day at Crufts today. I went with my friend Helen. We watched heelwork to music which was amazing, some agility and obedience. We visited most of the rescue greyhound stalls of course and met a lady from another forum and her rescue grey. I also met BorderDawn with Breeze and Orey at Discover Dogs and spent lots of money on my dogs on a new bed, lots of treats and food and other bits and bobs. A fab day!

Elaine
08-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Sounds like you had a really good day out Kim. I would love to go to Crufts, maybe next year. Hope the dogs enjoyed all their new gifts;)

alexgirl73
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Glad you had a great time Kim. I think Kazz was there yesterday. I'm sooooo jealous you got to meet Breeze and Orey lol.

Tom
08-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Glad you had a great day, Kim :) :)

Kim
08-03-2008, 11:15 PM

Elaine, the dogs loved their treats, I think I bought enough to last weeks and weeks!! Be great if you could go next year, we will have to arrange to meet up. I am sure you would have a great day.

Alex, yes it was good to meet Dawn and her dogs again. She said there had been lots of visitors to see the Border Terriers.

dandysmom
08-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Glad to hear you had such a nice day, Kim!

tilly
08-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi I was at crufts today as well. Had loads of fun but didn't meet anyone from here.

Glad you had fun too
SAlly

Elaine
09-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Elaine, the dogs loved their treats, I think I bought enough to last weeks and weeks!! Be great if you could go next year, we will have to arrange to meet up. I am sure you would have a great day.

Alex, yes it was good to meet Dawn and her dogs again. She said there had been lots of visitors to see the Border Terriers.

Its a date then;) . I must talk with my sister about that too as she is a real doggie person where as i am a bit of an all rounder and have a preference for cats. That said, I'd love to be in a position where I had a dog of my own. I love looking after the bordeaux's and dont mind their slobber one bit:lol: .

alexgirl73
09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
PMSL@ the thought of the Diva controlling a Bordeax!!!

Mags
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Glad you had a great day Kim :D

Elaine
09-03-2008, 05:31 PM
As much as I love them, I dont think I'd have one around cats. They can be very clumbsy and constantly stand all over eachother, which is how a fight broke out the other day. I'd be frightened they trampled any smaller animals.
No, I'd really like a basset hound, have a soft spot for them, having grown up around them. And would probably go for a rescue rather than get one from a breeder.

Erin
09-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Glad you had a great time Kim,I wa hoping to be going this year but I couldnt change my shift at work :(
I be going next year though for sure :D

random
09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Glad you had a good day, I was there yesterday, never got anywhere near DD though.

cataddiction
09-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I keep saying i'll go this year then something happens so we cant, i am glad you had a good day, the trouble is is i went i would come back with no money:shock: :lol:

Kim
09-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Its a date then;) . I must talk with my sister about that too as she is a real doggie person where as i am a bit of an all rounder and have a preference for cats. That said, I'd love to be in a position where I had a dog of my own. I love looking after the bordeaux's and dont mind their slobber one bit:lol: .

Brilliant Elaine!! :D

Even I would draw the line at all that slobber though!! ;)

Moofster
09-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a fab day all round !! Sorry if I have missed them, but did you manage to get any photos ??

I always wanted to get to visit Crufts but never managed it - hey maybe I'll pursuede his nibs to treat me next year eh !!!
Well at least I can watch it on the good old Beeb ;)

angieh
10-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I watched Supreme Champ tonight - some lovely looking dogs. Every year I change my wish list, but at the mo I'm still staying faithful to Erin's Lakeland X Patterdale terrier type.

alexgirl73
10-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Watched BIS last night, my daughter soo wanted the Chi wow wow as she called it to win lol!

Kim
10-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Sounds like a fab day all round !! Sorry if I have missed them, but did you manage to get any photos ??

Sorry, didn't take any photos, didn't even think to take the camera!!! Tbh I am more interested in the agility, flyball, etc than the actual 'show dogs'!

Moofster
10-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Sorry, didn't take any photos, didn't even think to take the camera!!! Tbh I am more interested in the agility, flyball, etc than the actual 'show dogs'!

oh the flyball is SUCH fun to watch, bet is tons better in real life :D

Kim
11-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Yes, it's great fun. We watched the heelwork to music too this time and it was so amazing.

borderdawn
11-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Glad you had a great time Kim. I think Kazz was there yesterday. I'm sooooo jealous you got to meet Breeze and Orey lol.
You wouldnt be saying that if he had mugged you Alex!!!:-D

Good to see you again Kim.

alexgirl73
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm sure I would have loved it Dawn. I knw I don't have a dog anymore, but may come along next year as I wont be going to supreme this year.

Kim
13-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Good to see you again Kim.

Good to see you again too Dawn, and your dogs are gorgeous!

borderdawn
13-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks Kim, Ill post them to you in the morning!! :mrgreen:

Kim
14-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks Kim, Ill post them to you in the morning!! :mrgreen:

Lol Dawn, you know you love them really! :-D