PDA

View Full Version : Advice about a cats third eyelid.

Janeburd
06-03-2008, 02:29 AM
I have three cats, about 4wks ago 1 of my cats ozbournes third eyelid was halfway covering his eye i took him to the vet for flea treatment and mentioned this to them, they said he,s just probably feeling under the weather abit but this wk my other 2 cats have started with the same look with their eyes. Their eyes arn,t weeping and they are not sneezing altho they are not eating as much as usual and do look very sorry for themselves. When my cats are outside you cant see their third eyelid (as usual) can anyone pleeeeease give me any information before i take them to the vets ? ps i havent introduced anything new into my household i.e airfresheners.:cry:

Fran
06-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Generally when cats show their third eyelids it is a sign that they are feeling under the weather. However, the third eyelid can be more visible is they are sleepy and have just woken from a sleep. Third eyelids tend to be a little more visible in breeds like Siamese and Oriental due to the nature of their eye set but I would say that if your cats are not eating as normal and are generally not themselves then it could be a sign they are little under the weather. Might be worth getting the vet to check them over. Do let us know how you get on with them...

Janeburd
06-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Thankyou Fran for your kind reply, were can i see more pics of your cats they look beautiful ?.

Fran
06-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Thankyou Fran for your kind reply, were can i see more pics of your cats they look beautiful ?.

Awww thank you, that's really kind! If you click on my user name and look in my profile, there is a link to my website :D