PDA

View Full Version : Epilators....

Erin
04-03-2008, 01:47 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!

I went out and got myself one yesterday,I had a brain wave and thought of all the money I could save by not have to buy razor blades.
Well I tried it this morning and omg the pain!!! I wasnt expecting it to be any worse than waxing but how wrong was I :roll:
Does anybody else use them? I just want to know if it gets easier :lol:

Ed wandered what was going on and came running into the room,he said it sounded like someone was killing me :oops: :lol: He couldnt leave it there though,oh no he had to go on and say that "women" cant handle pain............so I epilated his leg........Something tells me he will not be making comments like that again anytime soon :lol: :twisted:

Moli
04-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Try one Erin, never again!!!

Erin
04-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Try one Erin, never again!!!

:lol: its soooooo painful isnt it,im hoping it will get easier or its gonna be a waste of £55,there was a cheaper one for £30 but me being me had to get the most expensive cause that means its better :roll:

Moli
04-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I did exactly the same thing!!:roll: !But its now been put in that cupboard, you know that one where things go you buy but never use!!!:roll: :lol:

Erin
04-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I did exactly the same thing!!:roll: !Bit its now be put in that cupboard, you know that one where things go you buy but never use!!!:roll: :lol:

:lol: yes i have one of those :lol:im hoping someone will come on here and say "keep at it,it gets easier" :lol: dont think thats gonna happen tho is it :roll: :lol:

angieh
04-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry Erin, I can't say as I've never had the courage to try one!

Erin
04-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Sorry Erin, I can't say as I've never had the courage to try one!

dont do it Angie :lol:

Ill try a couple more times and see if it gets any easier

yola
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
It doesn't! I persevered for a couple of months back in the 80s and gave up pronto. Waxing and electolysis are FAR more preferable :D

Erin
04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
it was ok on my legs,just my arm pits,i think i may just stick with the good old razor :lol:

dandysmom
04-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Sounds awful! One of the advantages of being postmenopausal is that you don't need to shave any more; the hair stops growing!

angieh
04-03-2008, 06:08 PM
it was ok on my legs,just my arm pits,i think i may just stick with the good old razor :lol:

aaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

MrsH
04-03-2008, 06:43 PM
:lol:im hoping someone will come on here and say "keep at it,it gets easier" :lol: dont think thats gonna happen tho is it :roll: :lol:

Well yes actually, it is going to happen and here I am!
I've had an epilator for years but it was quite poor, compared to what is now available, so I treated myself to a new one a few months ago, mine also has a shaver head for use when your courage fails!

I've used my epilator regularly on legs, hair regrowth seems to have slowed down considerably. I've also used it underarm, quite painful at first but either you get used to it or it actually becomes progressively less painful, not sure which. I also use it on my upper lip and I admit that I need courage for this, it is very painful at first, I'm hoping that in the light of previous experience that it will also get better in time!

I'd never go back to shaving now.

Erin
04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks MrsH ill crtainly give it a go for a hile and see if i get used to it,i need t haveaother go later i currently have half of one my armpits done,i chickened out with the rest :oops: :lol:
jut been and got some talc as somebody said that will help with the underarms so ill give it ago later

angieh
04-03-2008, 09:25 PM
You're a brave woman, MrsH!

EmmaG
04-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Bought one years ago, used it one, and never again!!! perhaps I am too much of a chicken!!! lol

Elaine
04-03-2008, 10:24 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MrsH
04-03-2008, 10:37 PM
You're all just a bunch of softies!

Seriously though, the old-style ones weren't great, mine was just like a long coiled spring that grabbed at hairs and dragged them out. My new Braun one has various heads (so you can start off gently!) that have lots of tweezer type grippers that open and close quickly. It's just like plucking very fast!

Mags
04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
You're all just a bunch of softies!

Seriously though, the old-style ones weren't great, mine was just like a long coiled spring that grabbed at hairs and dragged them out. My new Braun one has various heads (so you can start off gently!) that have lots of tweezer type grippers that open and close quickly. It's just like plucking very fast!
It sounds more like torture!! :shock: :-D

Moli
04-03-2008, 10:54 PM
It sounds more like torture!! :shock: :-D
Believe me Mags it is!!!:roll:

EmmaG
04-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Mine also sounded like a hedge trimmer which didn't help things :)

Moli
04-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Mine also sounded like a hedge trimmer which didn't help things :)
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erin
04-03-2008, 11:15 PM
the one that i have is actually really quiet,its a remington one and like mrsh 's it comes with a shaver too just incase i get to chicken lol,i think ill still with shaving my arms and using the epilator on my legs,its just far to painful on the armpits!

EmmaG
04-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Personally I reckon these must have been designed/invented by a man :roll: :-D ;)

Moli
04-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Personally I reckon these must have been designed/invented by a man :roll: :-D ;)
You are probably right there Emma, and I bet no man would ever use one either!

Erin
04-03-2008, 11:32 PM
im so brave,ive just finished 1 armpit :lol: and guess what after the frist few mins of ouch it isnt actually that bad!
right off to do the other one now :lol:

Moli
04-03-2008, 11:34 PM
im so brave,ive just finished 1 armpit :lol: and guess what after the frist few mins of ouch it isnt actually that bad!
right off to do the other one now :lol:
I admire you for trying Erin, once was enough for me...:?

MrsH
04-03-2008, 11:35 PM
:smt038 :smt038 Well done Erin, I knew you could do it!

Erin
04-03-2008, 11:44 PM
just finished the other one,its not actually that bad onceyou have got over the initial pain is it mrsh? and imust say my arms never come outthis smooth shaving,hey i may well get to love my epilator yet :lol:

Jac
05-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Erin you will. There great!!! Ive been using them for about 8 years now. Mine has a bit that you put in the freezer and attach it before you use the epilator. Ive now got that used to it I dont need it. I swear by mine. Yes it does get easier;)

angieh
05-03-2008, 10:40 AM
You're all masochists!

Erin
05-03-2008, 11:44 AM
awwww mine hasnt got a part that goes in the freezer :( but it is PINK :lol:my arm pits are all red and blotchy this morning,is that normal? It was only the first time I used it yesterday

Jac
06-03-2008, 06:20 PM
It depends on how long the growth was. Plus you have to remember your armpits haven't been "plucked" before:shock: Yeh it is normal. Did you put a moisturiser on after? If not you should to sooth. Dont worry you will get used to it and so will your bod.;)

Erin
06-03-2008, 06:21 PM
It depends on how long the growth was. Plus you have to remember your armpits haven't been "plucked" before:shock: Yeh it is normal. Did you put a moisturasier on after? If not you should to sooth. Dont worry you will get used to it and so will your bod.;)

yep i did it all as the book told me too ;)

I even exfoliated before hand and after to avoid in grown hairs :lol:

Im very impressed with the results,still really smooth,i would have had to have shaved again today!!

Jac
06-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I think there great and you will get used to it

Erin
08-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I did my legs yesterday and i have to say Im not as impressed,it work brilliantly on my arms but it hasnt taken much off my legs :?
I thought maybe its because the hairs were not long enough so im going to leave a couple more days and try again

alexgirl73
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Having read this thread I think I'll just stick to a good old fashioned razor!

Erin
08-03-2008, 08:01 PM

Alex it really isnt that bad,honest I wouldnt lie I promise,it is a bit of shock to start off with but after the first few mins of ouch you get used to it,its brilliant,my arms are still smooth as anything ,i would usually have to shave every other day!!
Ill never shave my arms with a razor again,and im hoping if i leave my legs for a couple more days it will work better so ill never have to shave my legs again

alexgirl73
08-03-2008, 08:01 PM
lol, smooth as a babys bum!

Erin
08-03-2008, 08:03 PM
lol, smooth as a babys bum!

yep!!! honestly my armpits are that smooth :lol:

alexgirl73
08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I'll take your word for it lol! I'm too much of a wimp for things like that. My friend was doing a beauty course last year and needed someone to practice waxing on. Fine with legs, everywhere else was never again lol!

Erin
08-03-2008, 08:09 PM
I'll take your word for it lol! I'm too much of a wimp for things like that. My friend was doing a beauty course last year and needed someone to practice waxing on. Fine with legs, everywhere else was never again lol!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jac
09-03-2008, 01:00 AM

Alex you are such a wimp!!!!! I thought you were made of stronger stuff:-D

alexgirl73
09-03-2008, 02:32 PM
oh no, I'm a wimp lol!! Well, when it comes to things like that anyway he he. See I can stand major pain as I'm used to it, but I cry like a baby over things like paper cuts lol.

EmmaG
02-05-2009, 07:03 PM
bumpy bumpy

Just purchased a Braun Silk Epil - Xpressive - very impressed with it (just had a quick go) and my old one was terrible.