PDA

View Full Version : introducing cuddles and tigger...

Tink
02-03-2008, 09:23 PM
well, the two kitties made it here somewhat okay yesterday. unfortunately, one of them defecated in the carrier they were sharing and tigger had it all over him...my parents hadn't noticed as they were at the back of their SUV and i think the poor thing was sitting in it for awhile. we wiped him down ASAP but he was NOT happy.
cuddles has settled in just fine. tigger hid under the bed all of yesterday except a few times for some petting and today he is exploring the house.
the one thing that is odd is he is extremely upset with his sister and hisses when she is anywhere near him. for this reason, i let them spread out so they could just settle in on their own instead. i think maybe it was sitting in a carrier with her for three hours with feces that made him so angry at her.
anyway, here are the pics..you can see tigger's tumor starting around his eye...i think they are both pretty good looking though for seventeen years old.

tigger
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Khaosinc/ImportedPhotos00010.jpg

cuddles
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Khaosinc/ImportedPhotos00009.jpg

angieh
02-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Ah poor little guys - that journey must have been hard for them both. Tigger's tumour looks as if it could be painful for him, but I think you've said Tink that it has gone down quite a bit? I have to agree that they both look good for 17, especially Cuddles. I hope they both settle in well with you.

dandysmom
02-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Awww, not a pleasant trip, but they're with you now and look to be settling: Cuddles looks quite relaxed! Poor Tigger, I do hope the tumor keeps going down; he is a handsome cat. And they definitely do look very good for 17!

Tink
02-03-2008, 09:55 PM
thanx..he is on cortisone and amoxi (just for preventative) every 12 hours.

Mags
02-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Glad their long journey is over and they are settling in...:)

I hope Tigger's tumour continues to shrink..

Tink
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
well, it is more for shrinking the swelling around it. the tumor will gradually grow and he will die from it according to the vet at some point when it bursts (unless of course he is not being helped by the meds before that happens..then of course i will put him down). in the meantime, the vet says he can live happily till that happens..he will just have a face deformity that will increase. it'll be touch and go..i'll have to keep evaluating his quality of life...i have high hopes though that it does not affect him.

Moli
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
They look quite settled already, they are both gorgeous....

babycakes
02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
They are both lovely and I hope Tiggers tumour does not cause him too many problems or discomfort. Looking forward to hearing how they are settling in