PDA

View Full Version : Sumatran tiger cubs

Mags
29-02-2008, 11:04 PM
These tigers are such beautiful animals and their numbers are gradually declining ....it would be such a pity if this breed were ever extinct.

I really hope the time will not come when a lot of our wild animals will disappear from the earth :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/5195330.stm

Moli
29-02-2008, 11:10 PM
They are beautiful, watched a report from Marwell Zoo this morning, they have one as well...

angieh
29-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree Mags - I saw one of the cubs on a short news article and it is so wonderful. Dreadful to think there may only be 300 or so of these magnificent creatures left on earth.

Mags
29-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I know a many people don't approve of zoos but before very long it's going to be the only place where they will be able to keep the various breeds progressing..

dandysmom
29-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I agree 100%, Mags! Our National Zoo here has a very big breeding/conservation project. The thought of no more wild tigers at all, ever, is simply heartbreaking......:(

Mags
29-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I agree 100%, Mags! Our National Zoo here has a very big breeding/conservation project. The thought of no more wild tigers at all, ever, is simply heartbreaking......:(

Our zoo is like that Eileen, it has a continuous reputation for excellence, innovation, and dedication to conservation. It’s the fifth oldest zoo in the world and the oldest outside of a capital city. They also have a good record in breeding Gorillas..