PDA

View Full Version : Beef Jerky!

Rosie
28-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Alfie is always sneaking food out of the dogs bowl. His latest craving is for beef jerky. Holly dog has this as a treat and it comes in quite large pieces which are very light in weight.

Alfie pinches one takes it onto the living room carpet and spends ages just biting pieces of it. He also loves complete food dog biscuits (so does Rosie cat). Yesterday Bisto gravy granuals got spilt on the floor, yes you have guessed it Alfie thought they were great until I hoovered them up!

Does anyone elses cat have strange food cravings?

CathyW
28-02-2008, 12:19 PM
reggie is often found with his head in the dogs bowl poor ben just stands there looking helpless. i skoot him away as soon as i see him doing it. dogfood isnt that good for cats is it???

Rosie
28-02-2008, 12:47 PM
I always thought it was the other way round that cat food wasn't good for dogs. Either way they both seem to do alright on each others grub:lol:

Kay
29-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Mine will also pinch the dog food given the chance. Having said that the dogs will also pinch the cats.

Moli
29-02-2008, 02:44 PM
I have the same problem with Oliver, he is always in the dogs bowls, then he ends up with a runny tummy!

dandysmom
29-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Dogs are omnivores like us, cats are carnivores; completely different nutritional requirements! That said, can't see that pinching the occasional bit of dog food would do too much harm ......

As far as strange food cravings: cheddar is not a cat's natural prey....:-D

angieh
29-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I love the image that brought to mind - a cat slinking stalkily through the undergrowth with the young of a small herd of cheddars in mind! :-D :-D :-D

Merlin likes the odd sweetcorn kernel, any type of yoghurt including fruity ones and curry (but he doesn't get the curry anymore!) :D

dandysmom
29-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Su-ling loved cocktail olives! But always spit out the pimiento......And Sultan liked small bits of Brazil nuts....awful thing to give a cat, but it never bothered his innards ....