PDA

View Full Version : Lancs Show

Kay
28-02-2008, 12:22 AM
I am going to the Lancs show at Robins Park Centre, Wigan a week on Saturday, the 8th, with Roxy and Kisses. Roxy is still chasing her last CC to make her up to Champion and Kisses need one more GPC to make her up to a Grand Premier.
Is anyone else showing or just coming along to look? If so it would be lovely to see you.

candyshandy
28-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Hoping to pop along Kay - will look out for you and say hi :)

Fran
28-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Hoping to be there Kay, depends on the puppy sitter ;)

Soupie
28-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Not me but good luck :D - boys are off on their holidays on Sunday and I have further qualifications I decided to do in a fit of insanity :shock:

Kay
28-02-2008, 03:10 PM
It will be great to see you again Candice.

Fran I hope you can get there. Martin will still be taking the babies though won't he. Just want a cuddle of them.

Sorry you aren't going Sarah. How did you do at the Coventry and Leicester? Where are you next?

Soupie
28-02-2008, 08:24 PM
The boys had a good day - they were entered BOB only and missed out on the day to a cat in far better show condition - Mister F is very raggedy as going through the "teen" stage and Quando is still not fully back in coat ;)

They did however each get placed in all 3 of their side classes - 1st, 2nd and 4th for Mister F and 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Quando so still managed a good day :D

They are at the Rex Cat Association in April next then showing TICA in May, followed by more GCCF although dates and venues not decided as will depend on their coats :D

Kay
28-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Well done Mr F and Quando. Hopefully we will see you later in the year.

sarahd
28-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I'll be there :)
Really looking forward to it as it will be my last show for sometime with our forthcoming new human arrival

Sarah
x

Kay
28-02-2008, 10:36 PM
See you there then Sarah. Good luck.

sarahd
29-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks Kay, you too

Sarah
x

Kay
29-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks Sarah. Who are you taking?

sarahd
29-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Pippa my BSH and Trinity my Raggie
Hubby is taking Samson his Maine Coon too

I think somewhere along the line I have been roped in to help out with the rosettes and putting pen numbers on them etc. So if all else fails I will be on the show table somewhere.

Sarah
x

babycakes
29-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't live far from there I would love to come and meet you all and see your kitties in person

Kay
01-03-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't live far from there I would love to come and meet you all and see your kitties in person

That would be great. I will be in the Persian section, of course, please look me up. If you ask if you can look in someones catalogue in the list of exhibitors at the back, I'm sure they won't mind, you'll be able to find Kisses and Roxy's pen numbers against my name, Mrs K Short.

Look forward to meeting you.

So up to now there will be:-

Me (Kay)
Fran
Sarahd
Candyshandy
Babycakes

More are very welcome.

babycakes
01-03-2008, 08:21 PM
That would be great. I will be in the Persian section, of course, please look me up. If you ask if you can look in someones catalogue in the list of exhibitors at the back, I'm sure they won't mind, you'll be able to find Kisses and Roxy's pen numbers against my name, Mrs K Short.

Look forward to meeting you.

So up to now there will be:-

Me (Kay)
Fran
Sarahd
Candyshandy
Babycakes

More are very welcome.

Thanks Kay I will look into it is it advertised on the net?

Kay
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Only the venue and judges are advertised on the net.

It is at the Robins Park Sports Centre, Loire Drive, New Town, Wigan, WN5 0UH. They usually let the public in around 12.30pm.

Fran and I will probably go over to Asda for a breakfast, a usual cat show thing, but we will be back by dinnertime.

It really would be great to see you.

sarahd
02-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Just hop the queues in Asda aren't as long as they were last year. God it took forever to get served and then they gave us 10p off as a consolation prize for waiting lol

Sarah
x

candyshandy
07-03-2008, 03:02 PM
What is the parking like?

babycakes
07-03-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't think I am going to be able to go now as I have a tuition session between 10-12.. Would it be too late to go at 1?? and how much is entry please

Duh...just read the post that says they let the public in a 12:30pm Sorry

Fran
07-03-2008, 03:19 PM
What is the parking like?

It's ok as long as there is not a football match on the same day, as the show is held beside the footie stadium. As far as I am aware there isn't a match on tomorrow.

Fran
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM
how much is entry please

Entry into shows is usually only a couple of pounds of so BC

babycakes
07-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Excellent I think I will pop along.

Fran
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
It was super to see Kay and Sarah again :cool: How did you get on Sarah? (I already know how Kay got on). really enjoyed meeting Candice and Diane and I think they enjoyed their cuddles with Delilah :cool:

Fran
08-03-2008, 08:04 PM
We did really well, the kittens were a big hit with everyone and had loads of photographs taken by many people today. I had offers of sale for both of them :shock:

Spock, won his open, got the BOB, 2 firsts and a second in his sides. Delilah won her open, got the BOB and a first and two thirds in her sides. Both kittens got outstanding comments from other breeders, judges and the general public too. Super day and both of them took it in their stride like they had shown a million times before :cool:

babycakes
08-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Congratulations Fran and Kay.

I attended my first show today and had a wonderful time. :D I got to meet Fran, Kay and Candyshandy.

I had the privillege of cuddling Delilah, Spock, Kisses and Roxy. :cool: I know you are all very jealous ladies. ;) All were very beautiful in the flesh and not at all fazed by the goings on.

Spock was intent on fun, grabbing anything that passed by. Spock and Delilah got tons of attention from all the visitors and it is hardly suprising as they were both so small but perfectly formed. It was a real joy to cuddle them. Deliliah has definetly stolen my heart and that of everyone else.
Wonderful day. Thankyou for informing me of it Kay and encouraging me to attend. :D

Tom
08-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Glad everyone had a great day :)

Fran
08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Ooooh forgot to mention that Spock won the trophy for the Lancashire Cat Club best Oriental kitten :cool:

Really enjoyed meeting you today Diane, sorry it was so briefly, it got quite hectic didn't it?!

babycakes
08-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Really enjoyed meeting you today Diane, sorry it was so briefly, it got quite hectic didn't it?!

Yes it did. Partly do the intense interest in the kittens :lol:

Fran
08-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Piccies!!

Spock...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Lancsshow20080001_2.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Lancsshow20080001_3.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Lancsshow20080001_4.jpg

Delilah..

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Lancsshow20080001.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Lancsshow20080001_1.jpg

candyshandy
08-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Well done to both of you!!

It was great meeting you all and finally seeing those wonderful kitties for real! Kisses and Roxy - the fluffy persians and Spock and Delilah - the sleek kittens :p .

Once again I fell in love with the golden chinchilla that was there and spent ages oohing and aahing at him - just so beautiful.;)

I bought a jumbo covered litter tray and it just about fits in the space! :roll: Pheewww!

Seeing one of the other kitties there and chats with Kay I think Shah my foster is a pewter, so another mystery cleared!

It was lovely meeting you Fran and Diane and seeing you again Kay :)

babycakes
08-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I bought a laser light and I don't know who loves it more OH or Denis

sarahd
08-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi Fran
It was good to see you again too and to meet Kay at long last.
We had a good day too.
Trinity didn't quite make her CC again she got placed 2nd in her open and she got a 4th in one of her side classes out of 8 which wasnt too bad. The rest of her classes had 12 and 14 in them so a bit harder.
Pippa my little British on her first ever show got 1st and the BOB, a 2nd in one of her sides and a 6th and didn't get placed in the other one.
Hubby's Maine coon got 3 thirds in his classes.
There's always a big turnout for the semi long haired side classes so it makes for strong competition.
Congratulations on the little ones and their show successes you must be so proud. Sorry I didn't get to see them but my back was breaking by the time I'd finally found my open results and I retreated into a corner for a good while.
Just dosed myself up with painkillers now and a hot water bottle and i'm off to bed.

Sarah
x

Soupie
09-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Well done everyone :D

I'm doing some vicarious floating for my friend whose Selkirk was today our 9th qualifying cat for championship progression and OVERALL BEST IN SHOW at the Lancs!!! The first Selkirk to get Overall BIS since we stepped up to intermediate status :-D

Alison
30-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Oooh I went to this show :D It was the first time I'd been to a cat show & I absolutely loved it :) I took loads of pics that day :)