PDA

View Full Version : Queenie and Socks

PaulaB
24-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Last december Queenie had to have 3 teeth removed. When she came back from the vets she made her son jump and since then we have been trying to get the 3 to be able to stay in the same room without trying to kill each other. We have had a felliway diffuser going for about a month now, and they are have a dose of seren-um twice a day, and last night Socks managed to get shut in with his mum with no ill effects!!!!!!!!!!!! No spitting or anything so I think we are finally getting some where! the biggist problem has been that Socks is a worrypuss and a big mummies boy so he has been persuing her until her back is against a piece of furniture, he then panics and wails and that really irritates her, always has. So I think we will soon have them back eating and sleeping in the same room (at the moment Queenie sleeps in the study with the door open so she can go into the kitchen if she wants to.

Mags
24-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Pleased to hear everything appears to be calming down again in your house Paula.. :D

Kay
24-02-2008, 03:52 PM
That is really good news. Cats relationships can be really funny sometimes can't they.

PaulaB
07-03-2008, 09:08 AM
That is really good news. Cats relationships can be really funny sometimes can't they.

A quick update Queenie is still scared of both of her ofspring Tippy and Socks, she is down to growling and the occasional spit. My mother thinks she has forgotten who they are is this possible? We are in for the long haul to get them to live together as I can't get rid of any of them they are all too precious.

Mags
07-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I hope Queenie will eventually settle down with Tippy and Socks again, Paula :? it's sounds as if she has slightly improved though.

I suppose it's a case of having patience..

PaulaB
07-03-2008, 09:38 AM
I hope Queenie will eventually settle down with Tippy and Socks again, Paula :? it's sounds as if she has slightly improved though.

I suppose it's a case of having patience..

It does help having Lucy (rough collie) if the other cats get too close to Queenie or Queenie looks like she might go for them Lucy interviens and acts like a peace keeper!

Fran
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I have different experiences of this type of situation. In the main any girls I have had that have had babies remain totally devoted and 'mother hen' like to them. But I have had one girl who when her son reached adulthood would not tolerate him and neither would he tolerate her. Infact I'd go so far as to say they hated each other and the situation never improved. Like I say that is the one and only time I have witnessed this, hopefully with perseverence your situation will improve. You seem to be doing all the right things. Good luck and do let us know how you get on

Fran
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
It does help having Lucy (rough collie) if the other cats get too close to Queenie or Queenie looks like she might go for them Lucy interviens and acts like a peace keeper!

One of my Labs does that! :D

PaulaB
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I have different experiences of this type of situation. In the main any girls I have had that have had babies remain totally devoted and 'mother hen' like to them. But I have had one girl who when her son reached adulthood would not tolerate him and neither would he tolerate her. Infact I'd go so far as to say they hated each other and the situation never improved. Like I say that is the one and only time I have witnessed this, hopefully with perseverence your situation will improve. You seem to be doing all the right things. Good luck and do let us know how you get on
Hopefully get back to normal, its not like they are just grown. I have had the 3 of them for nearly 4 years and all of a sudden (after the op)she seems to have forgotten who they are, we will keep at it as they are all so precious (even if socks is a big wussy mummies boy, he really want to be with mummy!)

PaulaB
14-03-2008, 07:11 PM
I thought I would update the situation. We are slowely reintroducing her to the other cats as if she was a new cat. I have though noticed a change in behaviour, before the operation she was a very private player, if she caught her with a toy she stopped, she seems more kittenish and is playing in a way we haven't seen before (ie attacking the ties on my sweatshirt. Could the operation have done something to her brain?

dandysmom
14-03-2008, 08:59 PM
I don't know, Paula, but it's an interesting speculation. Who knows what effect the anaesthesia might have had...why not ask your vet the next time you go?

PaulaB
06-04-2008, 07:06 PM
I have had Queenie and Tippy close, they have stopped trying to kill each other and for the most part its that patty paw ears back wavy tail fights that they have. Socks will get close but panics and runs, but he has awlays been like that. Mind you he has started to let us cuddle him. So the worst is over and slowely but surely our grumpy girl is getting back to normal, she will even move about the house again instead of just staying in the study.

dandysmom
06-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Good news; sounds as if your patience is finally paying off......

PaulaB
15-04-2008, 03:15 PM
GREAT NEWS

I am sitting in the study with both Queenie and Socks on the same window sill. He isn't allowed to get too close and talking to her isn't allowed but she hasn't spat at him and apart from trying to turn him into a pile of dust with her eyes she hasn't done anything to the big fluffball!!!!!!!! woopee

PaulaB
30-07-2008, 06:14 PM
8 Months of trying to get Tippytail and her mother in the same room without stress with no effect. My mother has a new carpet and new bed in her bedroom and they can't keep away from the room with NO problems, mind you say the dreaded no to either and the dog gets thumped!

PaulaB
15-09-2008, 01:57 PM
How about this for a wonderful piece of news

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/PaulaSB/DSCF1313.jpg

its amazing first time she has sat near either of the other cats since last DECEMBER :smt041 :pom :pom

Mags
15-09-2008, 02:11 PM
What a lovely picture .......almost perfect harmony!!:D

Moli
16-09-2008, 11:04 PM
They look perfectly happy together, lovely picture....

PaulaB
20-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I was in Wales last week got back and was told the following tale by my mother. Queenie the girl who panics if she goes out managed to get out. She stood on the fence just out off reach untill she fell off the fence onto a pile of rubbish. At that point my mother was worried that she had hurt herself so went rushing into next doors garden (they have cats so let her) when the little monster went back over the fence so she got herself back (afte falling and hurting her knees!!!!!!!!) and couldn't find her, she then saw the blasted cat jump into the other sides garden and disappear, a few minutes later madam strolls in the house settles down with that you called looked that can turn a cat loving person into a homocidel maniac and ate the salmon that had been used as a lure!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well cat pen here we go and the smugsy has been a little nicer to the others. Oh and the study needs decorating as she and the others are now stripping the walls of wallpaper!

Mags
20-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Never a dull moment!:D Sounds like Queenie enjoyed her little escapade:lol:

Moli
20-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Sounds like Queenie had a nice stroll, the decided to have a snooze...Cats!!!!

PaulaB
21-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Just updating on Queenie, her behaviour with the others has improved, its down to a bit of bad language and thump the dog now. She can move around the house instead of staying in the study so I am more relaxed.

Mags
21-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Pleased to hear things are improving with Queenie....:D