PDA

View Full Version : BO....Greedy gannet!!

Ruthlynn
22-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi all,
i haven't written for ages....we moved, Christmas, etc. etc but in the meantime, Bo has grown...and grown....and grown!! he's almost six months old and is destined to be the biggest ever ginger cat in the world! i'll send pictures soon!
My problem is, he's so food orientatated it makes feeding time a bit difficult. I basically feed Bo and Kit the same food although Bo will eat raw, Kit won't. They have Natures Menu/Almo/Oscars dried. Bo will eat his and then go to eat Kit's, who's a lady when she's eating and takes her time. Once Bo gets to her dish, she moves away and doesn't finish it. I do feed her seperately in the day and keep Bo in another room, just so that I know she's getting enough food. Bo will eat and eat and it's difficult to limit him because he's kitten and still growing!!:shock: He's booked in for neutering next week too so I'll really have to watch him.
Any thoughts, suggestions?
take care

Ruth

Kay
24-02-2008, 03:11 PM
As he is still a kitten and still growing I wouldn't limit his feeding yet. If he is a big cat then you could transfer him to adult food at 9 months rather than a year and as you are neutering him I would consider a light diet as there is a high chance that he will put on more weight after being neutered. Royal Canin have brought out a dried food for neutered cats that might be worth trying. Make sure he gets plenty of excercise and he should keep his weight down. Can't wait to see some pics of him and Kit of course.