PDA

View Full Version : Favourite home item/s

yola
20-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Following on from the excellent 'rubbish home products' thread, thought I'd start one on fave products!

This is mine, already mentioned in above thread. This was bought as a birthday present for me two days before we moved into this our first and current house (11 years ago nearly). I just love it!

It's a kettle by the Italian design house, Alessi. Sadly the cats, when little ,loved batting the bird-shaped whistle around so that is long gone, but the kettle, despite only occasional polishing, still looks good as new!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/yolamealing/Kettle.jpg

angieh
21-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Good thread Yola - sad no one has added to it - I can't either yet, but you have got me thinking. Is there anything I couldn't be without???????

dandysmom
21-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I would not be without my toaster oven, kettle and electric frying pan!!

Jac
21-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I couldn't be without my coffee maker:D

Mags
21-02-2008, 06:15 PM
It would have to be my steamer... :D

yola
21-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Steamer? Do you have an electric one, one for the microwave or a cooker top one? I have to say, my steamer gets lots of use too :D

Mags
21-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Steamer? Do you have an electric one, one for the microwave or a cooker top one? I have to say, my steamer gets lots of use too :D
An electric one Yola..... I have this Tefal Steam Cuisine one ..... http://www.thereallyusefulstore.co.uk/product.php?product_id=142423&source=froogle

I could never go back to boiling veg on the hob, it tastes so much better when steamed..:D In fact I rarely use my hob at all..:roll:

EmmaG
21-02-2008, 06:58 PM
cooker top steamer for us, and also our wonderful nespresso coffee maker :)

alexgirl73
21-02-2008, 08:31 PM
oh I love that kettle Yola!

hmmm, fave product. Probably my toaster. well it gets the most use anyway lol. A Tefal 4 slicer in brushed ss.

yola
21-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I love my toaster too, although I really shouldn't eat bread as it sticks to my bum/thighs/tummy!

I was treated to one of those stainless steel 'industrial' ones, didn't stop me prodding a knife in to unstick a tricky peice of bread and damage the element though . . . :roll: Still, 2 of the 4 slots still work :oops:

dandysmom
21-02-2008, 09:01 PM

My electric rice cooker has a steamer insert that I use very frequently; another thing I wouldn't be without! :D Steamed shrimp shiu mai are a regular thing with me...

MrsH
21-02-2008, 10:16 PM
I've been thinking about this since I saw the thread not long after you posted it Yola.

I've had real difficulty deciding what to choose and I still can't really decide on any domestic item, they're all so useful. Yes, the toaster, ditto the coffee-maker and the bread maker, and the little mini food-processer-whisk thingy.

In the end I've settled for a rather more personal item. I absolutely couldn't live without my electric toothbrush! I love it! (my least favourite item - the bathroom scales, they LIE!!)

dandysmom
21-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I've been thinking about this since I saw the thread not long after you posted it Yola.

I've had real difficulty deciding what to choose and I still can't really decide on any domestic item, they're all so useful. Yes, the toaster, ditto the coffee-maker and the bread maker, and the little mini food-processer-whisk thingy.

In the end I've settled for a rather more personal item. I absolutely couldn't live without my electric toothbrush! I love it! (my least favourite item - the bathroom scales, they LIE!!)

Lol, when mine died quite a few years back I simply ............didn't replace it!!

yola
21-02-2008, 11:32 PM
So true! I haven't had bathroom scales for about 20 years :shock: I can tell by how my clothes fit (or don't as is the current case) as to wether I need to watch the weight :roll: