PDA

View Full Version : This is what I call after sales service.

Moli
19-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I bought a Morphy Richards Vac about 6 months ago, First the clip that keep the bucket on snapped off, then the rims round the wheels began to break off it bits!:mad: and as usual I did not know where the receipt was for it, so, phoned Morphy Richards helpline, explained the problems, said I did not have the receipt, but where and when it was bought, she went away for a while, I though here we go she is coming back to tell me either to send it to them, or she could not help me because I have no receipt..
She came back on the phone and said, there will be a replacement vac delivered to me this Wednesday, and was sorry for any problems I had, had...and Hubby informed me the receipt was in the drawer in his office....:roll:

babycakes
19-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Goodness me that never happens does it, it is nice to see good old fashioned customer service back in action as usually once the item is sold noone takes responsibility for any faults. Well done to Morphy Richards

Fran
19-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Super service Moli! Actually, the Parcel Force delivered Tom's replacement Playstation 3 the other day and I was saying to the courier how impressed I was with Sony r.e. the replacement service and he actually said to me that Sony and Morphy Richards are the two best for this type of thing :cool:

yola
19-02-2008, 11:32 PM
That's very good! Much as I love my Dyson, the couple of times I've contacted their customer services I've been amazed by their defensive attitude.

Will make mental note for the future that Morphy Richards seem to try that little bit harder! Thanks :D

Moli
19-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I have had Dysons Yola, and did not like them, this one has 2 motors and is suitable for all floor types, the only down side is its quite heavy, but gets all the hair/fur up no bother...

yola
19-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Is it a bag-free one Moli? I really don't like the bag ones as I prefer to wash the reservoir out, gets rid of that nasty dusty/pet smell in the vac.

Moli
19-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Its bag free and has washable filters, you get a spare one with it too....I like to be able to wash the bucket and filters too...

dandysmom
19-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Moli, what a lovely experience with customer service! Shows how bad things have gotten when we find it a nice surprise to be treated decently!!

Moli
19-02-2008, 11:55 PM
http://www.value-electrical.co.uk/morphy-richards-performair-cyclone-bagless-upright-vacuum-cleaner-73350-1786-p.asp

Moli
20-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Moli, what a lovely experience with customer service! Shows how bad things have gotten when we find it a nice surprise to be treated decently!!
I as expecting an argument DM...

dandysmom
20-02-2008, 12:42 AM
I as expecting an argument DM...

I know. That's what I meant; seems that generally the customer is always "wrong" nowadays .......

dinahsmum
20-02-2008, 09:41 AM
That's good to hear.
Don't you think vaccuums are the least reliable of all household equipment? When I look back I have only had 4 washing machines (including a twin tub, right at the beginning) in my married life but I couldn't even start to think about the number of vacuums - each one claimed to be so much better than the last :? Not true.
I'm a Dson fan now, but why are they soooo heavy (answer - that's prob what makes them so reliable)

Grete
20-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm a Dson fan now, but why are they soooo heavy (answer - that's prob what makes them so reliable)

Heheh I have a Dyson too and wish they weren't quite as heavy - I think I am going to have to find a smaller one cos I find it hard to lug up and down the stairs with my back.

Incidentally, my dyson survived being dropped down the stairs, right from the top to the bottom and worked perfectly afterwards ;)

dinahsmum
20-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Dyson is making a lighter model now. It's upright, has a telescopic handle and I think weighs in at about 5kg - 11lbs. I'll see if I can find a link
There you go - 5.4kg, so 12lbs weight, £240 price!
http://www.dyson.co.uk/store/product.asp?product=DC24-ALLFLOORS&spotlight=spec
Available to pre-order now

Mags
20-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I have the Dyson Animal/Ball which weighs 8.4kg, I find it a lot lighter than my last Electrolux vacuum.

I would definitely get another Dyson, best vacuum I've ever used!:D

angieh
20-02-2008, 01:03 PM
I also have a Dyson and find it very reliable.

Nice to hear about Morphy Richards good service - I often think, especially on TV, that no-one is keen to applaud good service.

Moli
20-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Thats me got a new Vac!! I have a dyson cylinder which I used this morning, and have to say I just do not like it at all, I have also had an upright dyson...Just could not get on with them......Just goes to show how we are all so different....