PDA

View Full Version : It's The Big Day!

Amber
19-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Well at 12:30 today there's no going back! Finally the day has come for my operation. Scared? Very!

Managed to keep down some scrambled egg on toast this morning - I couldn't eat last night due to nerves! Had my final cup of tea and I'm now on the water until 10am.

Fingers crossed that all goes well and I'm back home this evening, or tomorrow morning at the latest!

dinahsmum
19-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Off you go and get it sorted out. You will be fine.
We'll keep Catsey warm for you till you get back

yola
19-02-2008, 10:41 AM
All the very best; I'm sure you'll be fine! Come back soon . . . :D

Mags
19-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Hope it all goes well for you Amber..:D

See you back here soon! ;):D

Fran
19-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Hope all goes well for you

babycakes
19-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Hope all goes well for you Amber. (It will I'm sure and it will be all over before you know it ) X

ellenlouise
19-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Good luck not sure what your having but I am sure you will be fine. Will be send you good vibes. x

dandysmom
19-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Thinking of you, Amber, :hug:.

Amber
20-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks so much everyone!

I got back at about 9:30 last night and have been spark out ever since! I'm really sore but they've sent me home with painkillers. Only taking these when I really have to though as I think it's better to feel some pain as it reminds you what you can't do. My throat is really sore as I don't think they were as careful removing the ET tube this time and I'm allergic to Morphine! As soon as they injected it I came up in horrible red bumpy lesions all over my arm and my blood pressure went right up. Doctor came round and flushed it through with saline and gave me some IV steroids which brought the lesions down after about 45 minutes and my blood pressure in about 5 - strange as I've had it before with no problems but they did say that you can develop the allergies overnight. And they bruised my hand with the IV lol. Other than that I'm just really tired.

The nurses were fantastic as was the anaesthetist. I got myself in such a panic on the way down to theatre, but they managed to calm me right down and even had my laughing before they put me under.

I have a massive bandage around my knee that has to stay on for 2 weeks, and apparently I have staples rather than stitches so they will hopefully be removed with the bandage. They're sending me my appointment through the post for my follow up.

All that I need to do now is relax and concentrate on getting better :D

yola
20-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Good to see you're back :-D It sounds like all went well which is always good news! Just take it easy now and rest that knee. A good excuse to play on Catsey for 2 weeks methinks ;)

dinahsmum
20-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Yup - make sure you can get realy comfy, leg supported, and off you go!
Glad it went well

Mags
20-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Glad the op went well Amber..:D

Make sure you get plenty of rest now and it will heal quicker;) Good to see you back here so soon!:D

angieh
20-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Glad to hear you're home Amber. Best wishes for a good recovery - Merlin sends puuurrrrrrrssssss!

dandysmom
20-02-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm glad it's over and went so well! Take it easy, (((hugs)))

Amber
20-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks everyone, I just have no energy today, I got up from the sofa and walked to the back door to let Max in from the garden, and when I got back to the sofa I had to lay down for 15 minutes!

My stairs have a middle landing, with two flights of 7 stairs. After going up the first flight I had to sit down on the landing for a few minutes to gather enough energy to get up the second flight! :roll: I felt so stupid.

Have been in bed most of the day today being waited on :-D guess it's not so bad!

angieh
20-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Did you have a general anaesthetic Amber? That can take it out of you on top of the op.

Amber
20-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah was a full GA - I wouldn't let them do it any other way :lol: my argument was if something went wrong I wouldn't know about it!

alexgirl73
20-02-2008, 09:54 PM
glad to hear it went well Amber. You make sure you get some pampering lol.

Mags
24-02-2008, 08:18 PM
How is your knee now Amber?