PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when cats have taken over your life?

ellenlouise
16-02-2008, 12:36 PM
My mum was on the phone to me last night and she told me that my cats have taken over my life.

I thought about this and think that maybe she is right. My bedroom is the cats bedroom, they have a toy box I spend my spare cash on them. They sleep with me they eat with me. Even when on the phone to my mum I was rocking Neo to sleep.

So am I unusual and just a crazy cat lady or are we all the same?:D

alexgirl73
16-02-2008, 12:38 PM
welcome to the club lol!! My cats have definitely taken over my life. Every where in the house is cat stuff, beds, toys, litter trays, cat litter, food, climbing posts and scratch posts, CP stuff etc. the list goes on and on and on.....but I wouldn't have it any other way!

smudgley
16-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes, cats have taken over my life... not my own cats, but the rescue stuff I do. However same as Alex I wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy it & get a lot of satisfaction from it.

I also have cat pictures, cat ornaments, cat bags, cat everything!

alexgirl73
16-02-2008, 12:52 PM
oooh, forgot to mention those things Smudgley lol, as well as cat pj's, slippers, earrings, cards, cups etc. Love it!

ellenlouise
16-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Ah I have found a new way to express my cat love. I am obviously not such experts as you too. I agree I would not have it any other way!

Mags
16-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Sounds perfectly normal to me ladies! :-D

Elaine
16-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I think you are all mad as hell, there is no way the cats would rule my life:lol:
I make 'em sleep in the shed, eat the table scraps and i kick 'em if they get in my way:-D

ellenlouise
16-02-2008, 01:52 PM
You meany Elaine :-)

alexgirl73
16-02-2008, 01:53 PM
she lies ellenlouise lol. She's the maddest cat lady of us all!

ellenlouise
16-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Ha Ha I did wonder.

Elaine
16-02-2008, 02:11 PM
she lies ellenlouise lol. She's the maddest cat lady of us all!

I dont lie:shock: , I merely embelish a little on the truth;)

Moli
16-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Do not forget Elaine you were voted the maddest Catsey member...;) :lol:

babycakes
16-02-2008, 05:00 PM
I dont lie:shock: , I merely embelish a little on the truth;)

As if the Diva would allow such treatment :)

I pay the mortage on the house that Denis lives in!!!!!:lol:

The whole house revolves around him and I wouldn't change it for the world :-D

dandysmom
16-02-2008, 05:42 PM
You sound perfectly normal to me, ellenlouise! I'm looking around the room as I type and see a cat tree, cat tunnel, box that cat likes, cat toys....and that's just one room....:-D

And I have two albums at Photobucket: one titled Cats and one Non-Cat...guess which is larger...:roll:

northern lass
17-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Perhaps you should get a cat for your Mother so she can appreciate why they take over your life ;)

We have only had the kittens for 6 months and I know who is in charge already, and it aint me !!

Grete
17-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Hehe maybe you have to have a cat to understand it but my girls have totally taken over my life and I really wouldn't have it any other way ;)

CathyW
17-02-2008, 07:42 PM
i was going to say my 2 have me wrapped around their little paws. even the dogs ruled by the cats, hes standing by and watching reggie drink out of HIS bowl.poor dog talk about the underdog LOL
ive got cat ornaments/cups as well. LOL i give the non cat likers a cat cup to drink out of, watch them squirm :)

Rosie
18-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Slightly different perspective here guys. I am predominently a dog person but my two cats Rosie and Alfie have a great life with me and Holly dog. They sleep where they want (usually on or around my bed) get fed regularly. Have access to loads of gardens and fields and the neighbours spoil them. They come to me when they feel like it (typical cats) and torment Holly dog!

Cats are much easier to live with than dogs because they are so independent. If I had 10 cats they would still be easier than one dog, unfortunately my house just isn't big enough.

dinahsmum
18-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Very good point Rosie.

Kay
20-02-2008, 10:21 PM
What life!!!!