PDA

View Full Version : Chico!

alexgirl73
16-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Especially for Smudgley:lol:

A more friendly, happy cat you wont come across. he hasn't stoped purring and rubbin up against us since he arrived. I so wish I could keep him:cry:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/100_0634.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/100_0636.jpg

smudgley
16-02-2008, 12:47 PM
bless 'im.

Thanks & yes I can now accomodate him. :-D

Mags
16-02-2008, 01:04 PM
He's a beauty Alex.. :D

alexgirl73
16-02-2008, 01:50 PM
He is isn't he Mags!! I'd love to keep him, but head rules heart with this one I'm afraid :( He has some nasty matting on his underbelly, so dont know how they'll sort that for him. He is used to being brushed as he let me get some out of his top no probs, but I just dont think it was ever done properly.

Erin
16-02-2008, 01:54 PM
aww he i so gorgeous

dandysmom
16-02-2008, 05:45 PM
A lovely boy! Beautiful eye color.....

Kazz
16-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Best bet I imagine would be to sedate him the take it from there........the matting I mean.

I will collect him tomorrow then Alex mid afternoon. I have sent you a PM.

Grete
17-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Kazz is having him???! :)

smudgley
17-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Kazz is having him???! :) :roll: No...keepp up Grete.. :-D

Alex's other half knows someone who wants to rehome the cat... she mentioned it...I had a lady waiting for a persian or a long haired cat... we matched them up.....the lady was going to visit him at Alex's...then decided she couldn't get there.. :roll: I can't collect him from Alex until next week....Alex could bring him to me Monday (daytime) but I'm at work......
(step in Kazz) Kazz kindly offered to collect him from Alex today....drop him off with me....the lady will come & see him at mine & hopefully take him.......the end! :)

Edit to add - lady is already home checked & cat will be getting a vet check & MOT.

Mags
17-02-2008, 11:45 AM
:roll: No...keepp up Grete.. :-D

Alex's other half knows someone who wants to rehome the cat... she mentioned it...I had a lady waiting for a persian or a long haired cat... we matched them up.....the lady was going to visit him at Alex's...then decided she couldn't get there.. :roll: I can't collect him from Alex until next week....Alex could bring him to me Monday (daytime) but I'm at work......
(step in Kazz) Kazz kindly offered to collect him from Alex today....drop him off with me....the lady will come & see him at mine & hopefully take him.......the end! :)

Edit to add - lady is already home checked & cat will be getting a vet check & MOT.
Catsey crew to the rescue then?!! ;):lol:

Kazz
17-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Not sure about to the rescue but as I am offficaly a stand by volunteer then in I step :) The good work is being done by Alex and Smudgley.

Mags
17-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Not sure about to the rescue but as I am offficaly a stand by volunteer then in I step :) The good work is being done by Alex and Smudgley.
Ahh don't underestimate yourself Kazz....... you are the one who is putting all the pieces together, so to speak!:D

Kazz
17-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Only if I don't get lost...............actually if I do not turn up anywhere I am somewhere between mine, Alex's and Smudgley's mind you given my sense of direction I could be on my way to Ireland.

smudgley
17-02-2008, 12:34 PM

YOU are the one doing the work here Kazz. Alex has simply accepted the cat & looked after him & give him a spruce up! I am simply accepting the cat & handing him over to new owners after a vet check.

Who is the one driving from Birmingham to Telford to Wall Heath? erm....YOU!

You are the star in operation Chico :cool:

ETA - Can you ask Alex what food he's been on please?

alexgirl73
17-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Alex says she's been feeding him whiskas tins in jelly since he's been here lol. Along with some whiskas biscuits. Apparently he only likes fish flavoured food, so I gave him salmon flavour lol. But he ate chicken biscuits. His previous owner seemed to feed him on whatever he woud eat!!

And I definitely agree that Kazz is the one doing all the hard work!

Grete
17-02-2008, 01:27 PM
:roll: No...keepp up Grete.. :-D

Lol ok so I'm not with it today!!

You three are bonkers but soooo lovely :-D

smudgley
17-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Lol ok so I'm not with it today!!

You three are bonkers but soooo lovely :-D
:-D i *think* that must be a compliment. :-D

alexgirl73
17-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Kazz should be at yours anytime soon Smudgley!

smudgley
17-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Chico has arrived safe & well. :cool:

I'll drop your basket off to you next week Alex. :cool:

Kazz - thankyou so much. :cool:

Elaine
17-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Aww good work ladies:D I do love it when a forum pulls together for the greater good. Brilliant, all of you xxx

alexgirl73
17-02-2008, 04:46 PM
yay, glad he's there. Karen huge ((hugs)) from me and thank you.

dandysmom
17-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Once again, a happy ending! You three are the greatest! :D :D :D

smudgley
17-02-2008, 05:00 PM
He's lovely. I've give him a good groom, he's obviously used to being brushed isn't he? He quite enjoys it.... I think the knots around his back legs and abdomen will be easy to cut out, just need some assistance from a nice husband :-D We'll have a go at that tomorrow. He's happy in his bed & is purring away. The scabs on his back look like a flea allergy to me too, but will get him health checked soon as I can.

smudgley
17-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Once again, a happy ending! You three are the greatest! :D :D :D

Not ended yet, he hasn't arrived at his final destination yet. ;) He's got to be viewed yet by his new mommy..... watch this space. :-D

alexgirl73
17-02-2008, 05:16 PM
He's lovely. I've give him a good groom, he's obviously used to being brushed isn't he? He quite enjoys it.... I think the knots around his back legs and abdomen will be easy to cut out, just need some assistance from a nice husband :-D We'll have a go at that tomorrow. He's happy in his bed & is purring away. The scabs on his back look like a flea allergy to me too, but will get him health checked soon as I can.

yep, he's definitely used to being brushed, just not been done properly. I hope you mange to get his matting sorted easily. My two are gutted that he's gone, he was so friendly.

Mags
17-02-2008, 06:10 PM
We'll have to rename Smudgley, Alex and Kazz ....... the Three Miaowsketeers now :D ........ well done ladies!

Kazz
17-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Karen is home and just had her lunch, have to say Alex he made heck of a racket in the car all the while I am saying "Opps sorry Chico, hold on nearly there, its okay good lad" and sticking my finger in the basket as he tried to dig his way out.

He is friendly though. Glad its turned out well.

Nice to see you both. Karen

alexgirl73
17-02-2008, 06:31 PM
oops, sorry Karen!! Thank you very much once again. Nice seeing you to.

Kazz
17-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Its okay Alex I did stop twice so he could calm down, he is a friendly soul.

Upset me slightly driving him to Smudgleys as it dawned on me how much control we have over the life of an animal. He had no idea where he was who I was or what was happening. I know cats think I figure in the here and now but he must have been uneasy not having a clue. Not sure how people give animals up.

yola
17-02-2008, 07:58 PM
If the home for this chap falls through, please do let me know. I can get my CP co-ordinator to vouch for my creds. He is soooo like my Darcy (but without the mad tooth) that my heart nearly stopped when I saw his picture :( .

I'd have him right away if he was good with other cats and kids.

Kazz
17-02-2008, 08:26 PM
If the home for this chap falls through, please do let me know. I can get my CP co-ordinator to vouch for my creds. He is soooo like my Darcy (but without the mad tooth) that my heart nearly stopped when I saw his picture :( .

You could have told me earlier I would have just kept driving.....;) .....

alexgirl73
17-02-2008, 08:37 PM
oh Yola I wish I'd known!

smudgley
17-02-2008, 08:48 PM

Last time I spoke to the lady who was having him was yesterday when she said she couldn't get to telford to see him... so I just left it at that! I didn't want to call her & say he was due in {as I always like to know they are here first before I make arrangements!} I've still not spoke to her yet, was planning to call her this evening or tomorrow....it's not too late to make alternative arrangements for the little man if it's ok with Alex that is...;)

Kazz
17-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Are my services going to be required again.........

smudgley
17-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Are my services going to be required again.........

Operation Chico - round 2...:-D

yola
17-02-2008, 11:37 PM
LOL!! I have just PMd Kelly.

I have had not the best of weekends, not sure what the future holds . . . OH is working to sort things out but I would love to help Chico . . . I have car and next week is 1/2 term so in theory I can travel ;)

Awaiting Kelly's response to PM . . . .

alexgirl73
17-02-2008, 11:39 PM
typical, you come on Yola, and she goes off!!! lol. oooh, all jittery now.

yola
17-02-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm off for some kip so hopefully we'll resolve this tomorrow.

Haven't broached it with OH yet . . . nuff said :shock:

dandysmom
17-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Hope the little Darcy-look-alike boy (without the tooth!) can come live with you, Yola..fingers crossed and hopeful vibes coming.....

yola
17-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks Eileen. I've just re-looked at his pics on page 1 and have saved them to PC - he's a total poppet :D Will work on OH tomorrow. He is currently in the dog house BIG time so owes some favours back ;) as he's not been too nice over the last couple of days.

Chico is a darling and I will do all I can to make sure he can join us if he will be OK with the kids/cats/indoor thing.

alexgirl73
17-02-2008, 11:58 PM
He's never been outdoors Yola, is wonderful with the kids. Was letting my two pick him up and hug him constantly lol, and as his previous owner has another short haired cat i know he gets on well with others. He really needs to be with someone who knows how to look after persians properly, and you fit the bill!! :))

dandysmom
18-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Your two are pretty mellow, aren't they? And I don't tend to think of Persians being really violent/agressive types when meeting a new roomie... Don't know the backstory on Chico: was he used to children?

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 12:02 AM
he was Eileen, and I've seen firsthand how placid he is.

yola
18-02-2008, 12:04 AM
That sounds perfect Alex!

Well, my two are pretty mellow Eileen, but they can get a bit stroppy when faced with a newcomer. There will be a bit of posturing and staking of territory (with me being the territory usually :roll: ) but ultimately they all seem to co-exist reasonably happily.

smudgley
18-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Hello.... Yola, I'm more than happy for you to have him. I know nothing about him, other than what Alex has told me & that he's friendly & likes being groomed & is a greedy pig. :-D

Now- if your OH says yes, how do we get him from here to you?... half term next week it may be, but I'm at work every day next week & not home til 6pm some days - 3pm others.

I can see this cat heading back to Alex's house, for you to collect him from there as she's around during the day... Me & Kazz said it was the ginger cat all over again...{for those who can't remember ginger cat, it's best forgotten about}

Anyway - if you want him, he's all yours. He's neutered, been wormed / frontlined... I can microchip him for you, but depending when you want him I may not have chance to get him health checked by the vet.

I'm happy to help out transorpting him wherever if I can, but not sure I can be here for you to collect him from here during the week {Next weekend is not ideal iether TBH as it's Lucys party on Sat afternoon / evening, with half the neighbourhood sleeping over}

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Well if he comes back to me that's not a problem. It was half term this week for us, so my girls are back at school tomorrow. I can do a bit of driving to a meeting point if need be. Yola, just tell OH Chico is coming and that's that!! lol.

smudgley
18-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Where did Yola go? She was here a second ago. :shock:

We need a plan of action for Chico who is currently sitting in his bed with a heatlamp on! :shock: (You have to be quite special to get a heatlamp on in this place :lol: - Usually just kittens & the elderly)

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 12:15 AM
awww, bless 'im! I dont have a heatlamp, must get a heatlamp lol.

smudgley
18-02-2008, 12:16 AM
awww, bless 'im! I dont have a heatlamp, must get a heatlamp lol.

:shock: He was in your house. :shock:

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 12:18 AM
eh? yes, he was in the bathroom lol! nowhere near my 3.

Moli
18-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Alex was that picture taken with him sitting on the loo???

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 12:23 AM
yes he was Moli, loved lying there and in the sink lol.

smudgley
18-02-2008, 12:24 AM
eh? yes, he was in the bathroom lol! nowhere near my 3.

I meant, he didn't need a heater at yours, he was in the house... he needs one here as he's in the pen. :-D

Moli
18-02-2008, 12:25 AM
yes he was Moli, loved lying there and in the sink lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 12:26 AM
lol, sorry picked you up wrong. What I meant was I should get a heatlamp for the kitten season starting, as no doubt I'll end up with some kittens in the dining room as well!!

smudgley
18-02-2008, 12:32 AM
lol, sorry picked you up wrong. What I meant was I should get a heatlamp for the kitten season starting, as no doubt I'll end up with some kittens in the dining room as well!!

Oh, well they won't need one if they're in the house. :cool: ...Wonder if Yolas OH will say yes to Chico?

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 12:36 AM
he'd better lol!

dandysmom
18-02-2008, 12:40 AM
I have a feeling he doesn't have much choice at this point.......:-D

smudgley
18-02-2008, 12:42 AM
I have a feeling he doesn't have much choice at this point.......:-D

:lol: I get that feeling too

Kazz
18-02-2008, 11:44 AM
See what happens when you go to bed chaos rules.....I said it was the not going to be simple.......looks like I was right. ;)

Not sure whats going on but best of luck all.

Alex you have a heater in your pen.

smudgley
18-02-2008, 04:09 PM
where is Yola today?

yola
18-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm here :D Just been to London to take Dominik on the London Eye :shock: Never again!! Been 4 times before, never bothered by it, this time I was getting quite nervous . . . I stopped talking, that's a sure sign :shock:

Anyway, I digress. OH didn't gush all over the place and say, wow brilliant another cat to groom, pay for vets, clean up after etc . . . but then again he didn't catagorically say 'no' he just kind of looked at me as if already resigned to it!

So I guess the answer is yes, we would love to have Chico :-D :-D :-D :-D

I need to think about the logistics of doing this. I have a house viewing tomorrow so need to spend the morning cleaning this tip up, Thursday is full of Dominik's dentist appointment/piano tuning/Dominik's haircut and Friday is Sebi's home day :shock: Wednesday is a possibility but it will mean a whole week out of the office for me which I know OH isn't too pleased about with things as they are.

Sunday would be OK . . . I could come to Stourbridge, but Telford is possibly a little bit too far. Otherwise it might have to be the following weekend. Would Chico be OK in the car for a couple of hours without a break coming down from Stourbridge??

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 05:29 PM
YAAAYYY!!! Oh I'm so pleased! I really and truly hope you can work the logistics of it all out.Oooooh, so excited.

dinahsmum
18-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey - this one passed me by!
So pleased he's got a lovely home ... or will have soon :)

smudgley
18-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Yola - we'll work it out, how do you fancy meeting me at Warwick services M40 one day?

Kazz
18-02-2008, 05:39 PM
One suggestion put ear plugs in..........he is loud or maybe a slightly larger carrier with some soft bedding so he feels safer.
Pleased for you Yola, and him.

ellenlouise
18-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Thats brilliant news and lovely for all of us that we can keep track of how he settles in with you yola. Just to let u kno I am in Gloucester so if anyone ever needs a hand I will offer.

yola
18-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Warwick services sounds a distinct possibility. That's where Dawn and I met when I bought her lovely digital SLR :-D and it's not too far!

I need to try and plan this carefully as I don't want to stress Chico unduly by throwing him into the full-on noise that is Sebastian (assisted by Dominik) on an average day. Remember, these are two boistrous lads :shock:

The only small concern is the toiletting. Has he displayed any signs of the since moving home? With Sebastian still being a floor dweller a lot of the time I can't really risk him trailing through cat poo . . . and I don't want to take Chico only to have to palm him off again. I do understand there are no guarantees that he will or won't, but would be interested to know how his behaviour has been whilst in fo
ster care.

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, I can only say that while he was at mine Yola, he used the tray beautifully. As I said to Smudgley, he hadn't been wormed in over a year 'as he was a house cat'!! and that seems to have been the root of his problems. I wormed him as soon as I got him, and while I was told he was toileting a few times a day in inappropriate places, he only went twice the whole time he was with me and that was in the tray!

yola
18-02-2008, 06:08 PM
That's good to hear Alex . . . if he knows how to use the tray and does use it that's 9/10ths of the problem resolved. And if he's out of a stressful situation (for whatever reason) it means that he's less likely to do it again.

Kazz
18-02-2008, 06:10 PM
I love the description "floor dweller"

Mags
18-02-2008, 06:35 PM
So pleased that Chico will soon have a lovely home with you Yola ..:D

Another Smudgley/Alex rescue goes to a Catsey member!:D

Elaine
18-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Congratulations to Chico and Yola:D xxx

Grete
19-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Lol what a brilliant result for the poor lad, he is gorgeous tho so I can't blame Yola for falling in love with him! :)

babycakes
19-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Wow Yols how wonderful for you and Chico. Hope he settles in really well (we want pictures of course)

Kay
20-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Congratulations Yola and Chico. He is gorgeous and deserves a lovely forever home. Good luck.

random
21-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Best of luck Yola. x

scilla
26-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Good luck, lola and Chico!

Scilla and Paloma

yola
26-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks all :D I'm really looking forward to it :-D :-D

borderdawn
26-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Well done Yola, another Persian to pamper!