PDA

View Full Version : differing eye color

CathyW
15-02-2008, 10:20 PM
ronnies has amber eyes.but recently one eye has been getting a darker shade than the other, ive also noticed that on occasions that his ear on the same side goes flat,as if hes hurt it.
hes eating well. not in any obvious pain. hes lively enough.is in and out all day.sleeps well.
hes got an appointment next week with the vets. just want it checked out.peace of mind really.

dandysmom
15-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Good idea that he's seeing the vet! I knew nothing about eye color change so did a Google and found this slightly scary article: scroll down a bit to find the part about color change causes....hope it's nothing and that he's OK ...

http://petcaretips.net/cat_eye_problem.html

CathyW
15-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Good idea that he's seeing the vet! I knew nothing about eye color change so did a Google and found this slightly scary article: scroll down a bit to find the part about color change causes....hope it's nothing and that he's OK ...

http://petcaretips.net/cat_eye_problem.htmloh blimey wish i hadnt read that now, im all worried now.
hope hes ok, theres no weeping just the color change.

dandysmom
15-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to scare you! It probably isn't anything, but it's good that you've booked him into the vet. Give the rascal a cuddle from me, please!

angieh
16-02-2008, 12:13 AM
And from me too - hugs to you both and reggie too in case he feels left out!

CathyW
16-02-2008, 09:21 AM
ronnie says thanx for the cuddles.
hes perfectly happy, no ill effects, no character changes so it shouldnt be a tumor (but im going on how a human reacts here)
fingers crossed that its just ronnies being a different kit,
non of my animals are *normal* LOL

Elaine
16-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Cuddles to Ronnie from me too, I do hope its nothing to worry about, good for you for being concerned enough to have it investigated, alot of people may have simply ignored it. XXX
An interesting article Eileen, although frightening for BM right now, none the less interesting and informative.

dandysmom
16-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Cuddles to Ronnie from me too, I do hope its nothing to worry about, good for you for being concerned enough to have it investigated, alot of people may have simply ignored it. XXX
An interesting article Eileen, although frightening for BM right now, none the less interesting and informative.

I hesitated about posting that link; it's probably nothing at all to worry about. But if that eye color change was caused by something serious I'd never forgive myself for not posting it. I'm the sort of person that likes to be prepared for the worst scenario...before I had my cataract surgery I must have read every site on the Net!!!

Kay
18-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Hope Ronnie is OK. Give him a big hug from me and Reggie as well.