PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr!!!!

Moli
12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
We have an ad in our Local Paper...Maine Coon Cat 18 months old on active register, proven adult, Females also in kitten for sale.....:mad: :mad:

Elaine
12-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I wonder if thats the same breeder who was in the shop the other day? He wanted us to put up an advertisment selling Maincoons and Laperms. He informed us that he has also bought some of those dwarf kitties from USA for breeding too:roll:
I wont tell you what I said coz it wasnt very proffesional of me:oops: :?

Moli
12-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I wonder if thats the same breeder who was in the shop the other day? He wanted us to put up an advertisment selling Maincoons and Laperms. He informed us that he has also bought some of those dwarf kitties from USA for breeding too:roll:
I wont tell you what I said coz it wasnt very proffesional of me:oops: :?
Could well be Elaine, its in the EE, and they live in Aberdeen....Do not think I would have been very nice either.:roll: :mad:

Elaine
12-02-2008, 11:44 PM
If it is the same person, I know he also breeds pomeranians and another small dog breed, but I forget which one now, as well as rabbits, guinea pigs and cats. The guy only lives in a city centre flat:shock: :?

Moli
12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Thats horrendous, money makers, thats all his animals are for.!!!

dandysmom
12-02-2008, 11:46 PM
That is sickening!!! How awful for the poor animals........

Elaine
12-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Which is why my reply wasnt very proffesional, much more on a personal level but with out swearing, surprisingly enough.

Moli
12-02-2008, 11:48 PM
How can someone sell a cat in kitten!!Its beyond me.!

dinahsmum
13-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Sounds like a call to the local authority may be in order - don't know about Scottish law but there are licence requirements if you have a certain number of breeding bitches in England. And maybe the taxman would be interested too? I don't know what your first step would be - maybe a sympathetic ear in Trading Standards would set the ball rolling.

And are Maine Coons going to be the next inmates of rescues? Fashion then out of fashion?

Mags
13-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I hope someone reports that advertiser, sounds like those poor cats are being used as breeding machines..:mad:

Grete
14-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Sounds like a call to the RSPCA might be in order - that number of animals in a flat? hmmm.

CathyW
14-02-2008, 08:40 AM
was going to say report him.

Kay
20-02-2008, 09:34 PM
He definitely needs to be reported. Breeders, and I use that term very loosely, like him give all breeders a bad name and should be stopped for the wellbeing of his cats and dogs. I hope something is done.