PDA

View Full Version : Will washing cats bedding kill flea eggs?

sarah5
12-02-2008, 11:29 AM
I have some Acclaim spray to spray the house but I'm not keen on spraying the cats bedding with it - will washing it (in the washing machine) kill any eggs?

smudgley
12-02-2008, 12:44 PM
I have some Acclaim spray to spray the house but I'm not keen on spraying the cats bedding with it - will washing it (in the washing machine) kill any eggs?

Wash it - then acclaim it.

Why don't you want to use acclaim on the beds?

dinahsmum
12-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Maybe a boil-wash or 90C wash? Have you googled to see if that kills them?

sarah5
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
thanks smudgley, i will wash then acclaim then.. the only reason i didn't want to spray their bedding is because they then might reject the bed but i know that's stupid lol, got to get rid of these little beggars GRRRR

smudgley
12-02-2008, 02:24 PM
thanks smudgley, i will wash then acclaim then.. the only reason i didn't want to spray their bedding is because they then might reject the bed but i know that's stupid lol, got to get rid of these little beggars GRRRR

They won't reject the bed, although acclaim smells, it will soon soak in & the cats won't nortice. Make sure you spray the bedding outside though & have plenty of ventilation when you do your carpets / furniture.

sarah5
12-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Maybe a boil-wash or 90C wash? Have you googled to see if that kills them?

Great, thanks, am going to put the bedding on a hot wash (it's fleece so no idea if it will "survive", mind you the fleece blanket was only £2 from ikea so i can easily get another one lol!) and then spray with acclaim.

Also just found this great website (thanks for the google tip, dur didn't think of that :oops: ) which goes through step by step instructions [Link removed]

angieh
12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Good web link Sarah! Good luck getting rid of the nasties!

sarah5
12-02-2008, 04:56 PM
ooooops sorry it didn't occur to me that i might not be allowed to add links :(