PDA

View Full Version : Your perfect breakfast

Kazz
11-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Well come on then spill the coffee :roll: and tell us all what is your idea of a perfect breakfast, or your favourite breakfast.

smudgley
11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
i don't do breakfast.

dandysmom
11-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I don't do breakfast either; just orange juice and a glass of milk. But when Dad was alive and we went to the Cape on holiday I always had the same thing: orange juice, crisp bacon, scrambled eggs (firm, not runny) buttered toast and black coffee. I did coffee back in those days.

EmmaG
11-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Eggs benedict :)

Kazz
11-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Now you're talking Emma a fellow brekkieholic. I only have breakfast on my days off. When I do one of my favourites is Eggs benedict. Or scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, one mushroom and grilled fresh tomato.

Kim
11-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Mmmm, I love a full English, rarely have it though. Usually just cereal, occasionally toast if I have the time. I have become vegetarian now though, so full English will be a no no.

Mags
11-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Grapefruit juice, toast or scrambled eggs and a nice cup of tea (no milk).........I can't face coffee first thing in the morning..:)

Moli
11-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Do not do breakfast either, just 2 cups of coffee first thing..

yola
11-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Weekday breakfast is usually herring chunks/cream cheese n slice of smoked salmon on toast with a glass of juice.

Weekends are more leisurely . . OH does a lovely, running scrambled egg with shredded smoked salmon on a slice of toasted rye bread. Freshly squeezed juice or home made smoothie, followed by a small, strong black coffee! :-D

Grete
12-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Mmm favourite breakfast would have to be Full English or Crispy Croissants.

Since I'm dieting my breakfast is usually toast or Porridge. And coffee.... lots of coffee ;)

angieh
12-02-2008, 03:14 PM
This is really difficult!

Things I like for breakfast (not necessarily all at the same time!)
orange juice
grapefruit
crispy bacon
fried tomato
poached egg on toast***
fruit porridge (made with apple juice not water or milk)
croissants
pain au chocolat
pain au raisin
hot buttered toast
blackcurrant jam
the darkest marmalade you can find
tea (pref. before breakfast)
fresh coffee (with breakfast)

Thinking about it, at the moment *** would be my favourite and a special treat!

babycakes
12-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I love poached eggs and have only just recently mastered making them!!

Toast and Jam.
Scrambled eggs, mush and beans
Hashbrowns
Porridge, (with flavours in or honey)

But if could be really spoilt it would be Greek yoghurt, fresh fruit drizzled with honey.

Kazz
12-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Well as you are both poached egg fans you should love Eggs Benedict then here is a recipe by Delia Smith. It really is a scrumptious breakfast treat. http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/eggs-benedict,1346,RC.html

northern lass
12-02-2008, 08:59 PM
My perfect breakfast would be freshly squeezed orange juice, large cup of earl grey tea, hot thick cut white bread with lashings of butter and marmite (you either love it or hate it !)

angieh
12-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks Kazz for the link - I have to admit I have never had eggs benedict. I have bookmarked it.

yola
12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
This is really difficult!

Things I like for breakfast (not necessarily all at the same time!)
orange juice
grapefruit
crispy bacon
fried tomato
poached egg on toast***
fruit porridge (made with apple juice not water or milk)
croissants
pain au chocolat
pain au raisin
hot buttered toast
blackcurrant jam
the darkest marmalade you can find
tea (pref. before breakfast)
fresh coffee (with breakfast)

Thinking about it, at the moment *** would be my favourite and a special treat!

When we went away over Christmas, I think I really DID put away pretty much all of the above in one breakfast sitting (including finishing off what Dominik wouldn't eat :shock: ) And I'm surprised I've put on weight . . . ? :roll: