PDA

View Full Version : Hair dye help! {bizzare Q}

smudgley
10-02-2008, 10:14 AM
I would have thought that you could dye over the tpopof another dye especially with black, apparently not! :shock:

Anyone know of a make of permanent black hair dye, that will colour over reddy / blonde dye (it's kind of pale red with blondy bits in)

EmmaG
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Smudgley, you might find if the hair is already had a dye on it the new colour will not take so well. Best to try and strip out some of the old dye first. I know this is going to sound very harsh but I would wash the hair first a couple of times in something like washing up liquid. Then put the new dye on, most of the perm hair dyes should be ok, I use a clarol one (although not black) and then put loads of conditioner on the hair. Is this for you?

smudgley
10-02-2008, 11:45 AM
It is for me. I coloured my hair at New Yar, with a really nice red colour, not bright red, just a very nice warm gingery red, with some blonde streaks in it. lokos really nice. but I did want the back of my hair underneath to be black. i really like this and have had it like it before. So I put some black permanent colour on last week, just on a small section of the back of my hair, left it on, when I washed it off there was not an ounce of black to be seen. I couldn't believe it. I really thought the black over the other colour would be fine. I have bought a different black one to try, but i think I might be wasting my time again?

babycakes
10-02-2008, 06:29 PM
The red is a henna (natural pigment found in your hair) so when coloured it will make it very strong and the blonde will have stripped the colour out first so not much will take over it for a while. You need a cast colour (that's what they are called) to tone it first then the dye may take on that colour. (Don't know what colour first though sorry)

smudgley
10-02-2008, 08:12 PM
oh :? well I like the colour & as I only wanted a small section of black at the back, I'll probably just leave it. :roll: