PDA

View Full Version : Spock & Delilah...

Fran
07-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Here they are, the two babies that are staying with us. Spock, I have to say is showing lovely promise for showing, so fingers crossed he keeps his 'type' Delilah, has both the tortie and tabby personalities, she is very very naughty!! :roll: :-D

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Spock12weeksold0001.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Spock12weeksold0001_1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Spock12weeksold0001_2.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Spock12weeksold0001_3.jpg

angieh
07-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Ah so you did decide on Spock?? So glad!!! Really lovely pics Fran - esp with you not feeling 100% - no camera shake at all. Well done.

Mags
07-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Stunning pics Fran! :D

Fran
07-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Ah so you did decide on Spock?? So glad!!! Really lovely pics Fran - esp with you not feeling 100% - no camera shake at all. Well done.

Yes, I'm so sorry, I should have updated, we did indeed decide to call him spock, although he gets called Spockie in the main, so thank you....great suggestion, he suits it and we love it!! :D

Kay
07-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Lovely pics, Fran. They are really looking promising especially Spock. Love his new name.

Hope you are feeling a little better today.

smudgley
08-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Cutie-pies :cool: ...
how many cats will you have now Fran with these extra 2? :shock:

candyshandy
08-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Great piccies - they are stunning kitties.

Excuse my ignorance - what are the 'extreme' traits. I expect the ears but is it anything else like bone structure etc? Also, is the extreme type the GCCF standard which I think is the same for persians? Just interested. :)

Fran
08-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Cutie-pies :cool: ...
how many cats will you have now Fran with these extra 2? :shock:

We will have 11 but two live in the stud quaters, 2 are outdoor only/porch cats so actually in the house we will have 5 adults and 2 kittens :-D

Fran
08-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Great piccies - they are stunning kitties.

Excuse my ignorance - what are the 'extreme' traits. I expect the ears but is it anything else like bone structure etc? Also, is the extreme type the GCCF standard which I think is the same for persians? Just interested. :)

Yes. the ears in the main. They should be large and flared at the base but the head/ears should form a perfect 'triangle' they should also have a lithe, long body and long tapering tail free of faults, Eye colour is important too and in Orientals should be a good, clear green, eyes should be Oriental in set and not too open. The list goes on..... but hope you get the general idea?? Totally opposite of the breed standard for Persians :-D

candyshandy
08-02-2008, 12:34 AM
:) :) Absolutely!!! I don't think you could get a more different cat!

I always thought Orientals/Siamese were extremely outgoing cats but when I've been at cat shows they tend to be under blankets. Perhaps they only get out of bed for a minimum fee - like the supermodels :) :)

Fran
08-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I always thought Orientals/Siamese were extremely outgoing cats but when I've been at cat shows they tend to be under blankets. Perhaps they only get out of bed for a minimum fee - like the supermodels :) :)

:shock: Siamese/Orientals ARE extremely outgoing!!! I would never dream of showing a cat of any breed that hides under their blankets :? I don't think you can have seen a fair representation of the breed tbh as hiding under blankets is certainly not the norm, quite the opposite infact! Most Ori's / Meezers are pawing you through the bars for attention!!

candyshandy
08-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Perhaps I have just seen them later in the day and by then they're bushed!

I must admit I didn't get chance to see them at the Supreme just local shows.

I'll make a point of seeing them earlier at the next show :)

Fran
08-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Perhaps I have just seen them later in the day and by then they're bushed!

I must admit I didn't get chance to see them at the Supreme just local shows.

I'll make a point of seeing them earlier at the next show :)

Are you going to the Lancashire show in a few weeks time??

Grete
08-02-2008, 08:48 AM
haha they are just so gorgeous :) Spock is a perfect name for the little boy ;)

dinahsmum
08-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Lovely pics!

I can imagine meezers under their blankies saying "you couldn't afford me dear" :-D Like the supermodel thing

sarahd
08-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Oh wow Delilah has really come on she is such a pretty girl.
Spock is going to be a very handsome young man.

Those ears are amazing i've never seen anything like it lol

Sarah
x

angieh
08-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I keep coming back to look at Delilah and Spockie! What does their fur feel like - it looks to be very fine and silky?

Fran
08-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I keep coming back to look at Delilah and Spockie! What does their fur feel like - it looks to be very fine and silky?

yes at the moment their fur is very fine and silky :D

ellenlouise
08-02-2008, 05:02 PM
11 Cats my goodness. They are lovely I love there huge ears.

dandysmom
08-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Amazing ears! Are you sure they weren't crossed with fennecs a few generations back, Fran? :-D
Seriously, simply gorgeous both of them, especially my favorite Delilah! More pics!!

Elaine
08-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Both are absolutely stunning, I love Spocks mean and moody look in the third piccie:lol:

babycakes
08-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Well what can I say they are both stunning Fran grown into beautiful, strong looking kittens.

Kazz
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
We will have 11 but two live in the stud quaters, 2 are outdoor only/porch cats so actually in the house we will have 5 adults and 2 kittens :-D

Female logic - I love the way in your head you have sectioned the number of cats off into a "feasible number" ;) in the past you just used to reply 4 - 5 whatever now you section them. What is your limit or are you buying next door for the cats to live in:-D

Seriously nice pics though; and I do adore the name Spock.

Fran
08-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Female logic - I love the way in your head you have sectioned the number of cats off into a "feasible number" ;) in the past you just used to reply 4 - 5 whatever now you section them. What is your limit or are you buying next door for the cats to live in:-D

Seriously nice pics though; and I do adore the name Spock.

:lol: No particular limit Kazz, not whilst I have the love, finances, time to meet all their needs, time to stimulate and play, etc... The day I haven't got just one of those things, that's the day I'm at my limit ;)

borderdawn
08-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Lovely pics Fran, mind Spock dont take off now! Delilah is just gorgeous!

Kazz
08-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Lovely pics Fran, mind Spock dont take off now! Delilah is just gorgeous!

Don't be silly Dawn :roll: he wouldn't take off Scotty would beam him up ;)

Fran
08-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Don't be silly Dawn :roll: he wouldn't take off Scotty would beam him up ;)

:lol: @ Dawn & Kazz!!! Oh he can fly alright :shock: :roll: Most often giving me heart failure in the process :-D

angieh
08-02-2008, 09:27 PM
:lol: @ Dawn & Kazz!!! Oh he can fly alright :shock: :roll: Most often giving me heart failure in the process :-D

??????? FLY FRAN????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fran
08-02-2008, 09:28 PM
??????? FLY FRAN????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Absolutely!! He launches himself off things from a great height, swear to God, those ears propel him further than he intends to go :roll:

Moli
08-02-2008, 09:53 PM
They are stunning kittens...:)

dandysmom
08-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Absolutely!! He launches himself off things from a great height, swear to God, those ears propel him further than he intends to go :roll:

Kittens are utterly fearless .........

borderdawn
08-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I must say I am rather taken with him.

Fran
08-02-2008, 11:36 PM
I must say I am rather taken with him.

Me too! He is such a purry, cuddly lap cat. He has a super personality :cool:

angieh
09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
He certainly has a mystical look - must be the Vulcan in him!