PDA

View Full Version : kuan yin..the predator

Tink
05-02-2008, 02:38 PM
so i'm a night owl and at about three in the morning me, taz (my ferret), and kuan yin were playing. i lay down on the floor on a blankie to read some ferret books and i see taz smelling something under the blanket..couldn't tell what it was so i lift the blanket...i think to myself "i've never seen that toy before" and instinctively pick it up...it's a dead anole (one of our lizards)..he's clammy and cold and his eyes are popped out of his head from being squeezed to death!!!! ACK...i totally scream, grab taz, and race out into the living room to tell my OH..okay, more like scream at him:lol: . kuan yin eyes that tank every morning. my boyfriend built it himself and it is massive...very tall and the only screen part is at the top...we look at the tank and there is a huge hole clawed out the top at an impossible angle (she'd have to pretty much have half her body on the ceiling to do it). who knows how long i was happily laying next to a dead corpse without knowing it...disgusting!!!!
i realized after it was probably a "gift" but..to lay it right down by my head? ACK! it was probably a faux paw i was jumping and screaming instead of being more gracious:roll:

angieh
05-02-2008, 03:06 PM
That Kuan Yin (can you tell me what that name means please Tink?) is a little minx. You're pretty sure that it was her that killed the lizard and not Taz????

Love the "faux paw" by the way! And yes, guess it was a gift for her mummy. Lol. :D

Oh sorry, RIP lizard too. :cry:

dandysmom
05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh dear, it is hard to be gracious and thank the mighty little huntress for her gift under the circumstances!! But she meant well, bless her; just doing what nature designed her to do! Poor anole....
No chance it could have been Taz?

Tink
05-02-2008, 10:11 PM
pretty sure it wasn't taz as he is so mischievious i watch him like a hawk when he's out of his cage for play time. i know that kuan yin could only make that hole in the enclosure..i suppose it's possible she made the hole, a lizard escaped, a dog killed it, and it was left there...but i've just got this feeling from the way she stares at that tank with so much concentration every morning that it was her...plus, the dogs pretty much stay out of that room even though the door is usually open.

dandysmom
05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Lol. purely circumstantial evidence; a good defense lawyer would get her off! :-D

Seriously, the hunting instinct is very strong, isn't it? I was amazed at my gentle couch potato indoor only Leia killing the rat!!! And it was a big one, too!

Tink
05-02-2008, 10:26 PM
yep, i haven't even had a cat do that since i was a kid and we had an indoor/outdoor kitty that used to hunt in the field across the street..he always brought us squirrels and left em on the doorstep! guess i wasn't prepared for my strictly indoor kitty to do it..but she is just doing what she has instinct for..i just wish i hadn't thought it a toy and picked it up!!!!

Tink
05-02-2008, 10:27 PM
That Kuan Yin (can you tell me what that name means please Tink?) is a little minx.

sure! kuan yin was a chinese princess and is also known for being the buddhist goddess of mercy and compassion:D

dandysmom
05-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Indoor or not, the instinct is there! Leia has also done six field mice that came in during the Autumn; one is still here! I think she and the mouse have come to some sort of agreement ....

Yes, it would be sort of yucky picking up the poor anole ......

angieh
05-02-2008, 10:42 PM
sure! kuan yin was a chinese princess and is also known for being the buddhist goddess of mercy and compassion:D

Thanks Tink! I won't make the obvious comment about the poor lizard!

Tink
05-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks Tink! I won't make the obvious comment about the poor lizard!

you know it's funny..after i posted that i thought how ironic:lol:

Grete
06-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Awww poor lizard! Cats instincts and ingenuity never fail to amaze me and I think I would have been hard pressed to remain calm and praise Kuan Yin for the present for her mummy ;)