PDA

View Full Version : Help with microchip....

smudgley
04-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Can anyone access the petlog database to check a microchip number for me?. I have a kitten here who is crying for his mommy and for some reason the KC site won't let me log in. :evil: :evil: I can call them tomorrow, but thought if anyone can check a M/C for me tonight I could reunite him. :)

Fran
04-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Not sure I can help Smudgley, I only have access to the breeder part of the KC website?? Who would have access to this area? someone who had done the microchipping course? If so, maybe Dawn could help?

smudgley
04-02-2008, 09:49 PM
yes anyone with M/C connections, although I've tried accessing the site with a number of different usercodes / passwords as I microchip from 3 different angles....for GD's / CP / my personal ones, but none will let me in which makes me think theres a problem with the site. I did check if Dawn was online as she seemed the most obvious person.
Kitten is fine, but wants his Mom.

Fran
04-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Have you had a look over on Dogsey to see if she is over there? Is it just an online database, could you not phone them?

borderdawn
04-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Ill see if I can have a peek for you Smudgley,. PM me the chip number.
Dawn.

smudgley
04-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Ill see if I can have a peek for you Smudgley,. PM me the chip number.
Dawn.

Thanks Dawn, but all sorted now. I think the website may have been having a mad moment, but I managed to log in & found who "Nelson" belonged to, phoned his Mom....when she eventually stopped crying, she came to collect him.....he was 6 months old & had wondered off a bit far & got himself a bit lost near a busy road.

smudgley
04-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Have you had a look over on Dogsey to see if she is over there? Is it just an online database, could you not phone them?
They are only there office hours.

borderdawn
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Great news, glad he is safe and back at home.
DAwn.

Fran
04-02-2008, 11:59 PM
So glad this had an happy ending!! :D

Mags
05-02-2008, 12:02 AM
That's a lovely ending to Nelson's escapade.......... I bet his Mom was over the moon, probably thought she would never see him again too..:D

angieh
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Smudgley to the rescue! That's four less legs in your house now!!!! Great news for Nelson and his mum.

smudgley
05-02-2008, 12:10 AM
That's a lovely ending to Nelson's escapade.......... I bet his Mom was over the moon, probably thought she would never see him again too..:D

Over the moon is an understatement... she was unbelievably excited!

and she knows my husband & the lady who found him is a teacher at my daughters school.... everyone knows us in the village :roll:

She only had him neutered and chipped last week so that was money well spent... but a disappointing bit to the tale was that the lady who found him called the local vet at 630 this evening to say she'd found a cat and was told there's nothing they could do... (I said they would have scanned him for you though & she said, well they never mentioned that) BUT.... THe lady who lost the cat called the same vet at 1030 am today to report him missing & they took all her details and said they would contact her should they hear anything. He was only found a relatively short distance from his home so they should have taken more notice of the found cat call..... THe lady whos cat it is was bloomin' fumin with the vets & she is going to contact them tomorrow. :shock: She made a donation to CP & thanked us for our trouble & carried naughty, noisy Nelson home - He was dead tired too, bless that naughty little man!:-D

angieh
05-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Oh that's bad of the vets - will you lodge a complaint on behalf of CP too Smudgley?

Mags
05-02-2008, 12:15 AM
That was not very professional of the vet, why take the missing cat's details if he didn't intend to do anything about it :mad: I wonder how many other cats that has happened to..:roll: Good that the lady is going to contact him tomorrow though! ;)

Fran
05-02-2008, 12:16 AM
This is the trouble with microchips isn't it? This is a great succes story but it's not always the case is it? I cannot believe the vets never said to her to bring the cat in and we'll scan for a microchip BUT I bet they can't wait for you to part with your money to have one put in :roll:

smudgley
05-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Oh that's bad of the vets - will you lodge a complaint on behalf of CP too Smudgley?

No, it's not for me to get involved with that as I didn't make the call, however no worries, the lady who's cat it is will be giving them what for I can assure you :-D

smudgley
05-02-2008, 12:20 AM
This is the trouble with microchips isn't it? This is a great succes story but it's not always the case is it? I cannot believe the vets never said to her to bring the cat in and we'll scan for a microchip BUT I bet they can't wait for you to part with your money to have one put in :roll:

I thought it was bizzare that they were so caring towards the lost cat owner as she was their client and they spent time logging all the details about the lost cat.......then a few hours later get a call about a found cat and tell the lady who found it "sorry - there's nothing we can do"... that's really annoying. :evil:

Grete
05-02-2008, 09:15 AM
What a great result for a poor lost kitty :)

Puzzled by the vets tho, it wouldn't have cost them anything to just scan the cat or even look at the details of lost cats when they got a found one call grrrr.

dinahsmum
05-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Great advert for chipping but a black mark to the vets. All down to whoever took the call and gave the crap response - retraining, a thorough b*ll*cking or goodbye for her (I assume her) I think