PDA

View Full Version : Trinity is looking for a friend

ellenlouise
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone

As you know we had the most awful news that Trixie died due to a RTA. Trinity hasn't been doing to well and we took her to the vets again today to see if we could do anything and he mentioned again getting her a friend to distract her. What do you guys think? I have rang the rescues in my area and there are no cats suitable and they have suggested a kitten may be better, there was no kittens either. I feel as if I am replacing Trixie which just cannot be done she was the most special little angel ever. It has been said sooner rather than later and Trinity is in such a state she won't go out she just seems to lie around which is so unusual for her. Any help would be most appriciated.

xxx

angieh
04-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh dear Ellenlouise - poor Trinity does sound to be grieving badly. I am sorry to say I can't advise you what to do - you naturally feel ambivalent to the idea of (as you see it at the moment) "replacing" Trixie - but you know you wouldn't really be doing this, you'd just be helping Trinity to get over her grief. I wonder whether it would help if you spoke to an animal behaviourist - I am sure I have seen links to someone somewhere on Catsey. I bet someone else will quickly be along to advise you. You have all my sympathy. Lol.

dinahsmum
04-02-2008, 04:27 PM
EL - if you are unsure it might be better to wait. However - I bet if you could get to a rescue and see babies in need of a home you might come round.

Have a look at this Snuggle Kitten http://www.ultimateanimals.co.uk/acatalog/can_crusher_toy_dog_pet_gifts_snuggle_kitties_pupp ies.html

or look at Cuddle Pets microwaveable warm 'teddy-friends'

dandysmom
04-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Don't think of it as "replacing" Trixie; she can't be replaced, she was unique. But Trinity is obviously grieving; and you have love to give to another cat. I think the longer you wait the harder it will be; just my opinion......(((hugs)))

Kazz
04-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Have you tried Ming Smudgley Glous is not far from Smudgley she rehomes everywhere.

Maybe a young adult would be better one already suited to living with other cats, rather than a kitten but you never know and you know your own cat better than anyone. And maybe an oldie would suit you down to the ground.

Take a breath sleep on it and then look into it, it is a hard descision but one you I think have decided is right already a friend for Trinity.

Karen

dandysmom
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Great idea about PMing Smudgley! Do let us what you decide and how poor Trinity is doing......

ellenlouise
05-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Spoken to Smudgley and none at the moment. Also none at any of the local resuce places:(

smudgley
05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Spoken to Smudgley and none at the moment. Also none at any of the local resuce places:(

i'm on the lookout though ;)

ellenlouise
05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks Smudgley

Kazz
05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Given Smudgley's track record I would keep the car engine running ellenloouise..........;)

ellenlouise
05-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh that good. Il go start it now.......

dinahsmum
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi. Hope your house is a little bit less sad now.

I've looked at Bristol & Bath Cat & Dog home and there appear to be some youngsters looking for new homes. Don't know how far it would be practical to travel or whether those places require home checks which would make things more difficult. But you could ask.
We got a dog from Burford Blue Cross when we lived in Gloucestershire - they did a visit. Perhaps you could look at their website too?

ellenlouise
07-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Havent tryed as far as Bristol yet, taveling isnt a problem, so will take a look now. Thanks

They want to do a house check and I cant see them coming this far to do one.

ellenlouise
08-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi I am back Sheldon has been posting on my behalf. We haven't had any luck so far but today I got a phonecall saying that they had a Black and white male 6 months old who was extremly big for his age and had a longer than average tail. He is very excitable and can be quite a handful at times but I have agreed to come and see him and see if he is suitable. I hope you are all well. With all of your support you have made a very upsetting time that more easy to deal with. Thankyou

dandysmom
08-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh, I do hope the black and white boy will be suitable! Fingers crossed,,,,

Kay
08-02-2008, 09:26 PM
He sounds lovely. I do hope he is the one for you and Trinity. Fingers crossed.

ellenlouise
09-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Got news look at thread...