PDA

View Full Version : how often can i worm??

catsinc4
31-01-2008, 11:52 PM
hello im wondering does any1 have any idea how often it is safe to give drontal?2 of my cats are terrible hunters and need worming for tapeworm regularly at the mo im doing them every month as im advised is quite safe But i find roxxi in partic gets very lethargic and miserable as the month is coming up.she isnt a large cat quite small actually so doesnt need the xl tablets,im wondering if it is safe to do her at 3weekly intervals??to save her from getting so down,lena doesnt get like that just licks herself an awfull lot.thanks:)

Mags
31-01-2008, 11:57 PM
When Cassie was taking Drontal, my vet said to treat her every three months ............ she is a bit of a hunter too..:?

catsinc4
01-02-2008, 12:02 AM
thanks mags the other 2 are ok to leave 3 months but those 2 well there is no hope umpteen beheaded chewed up mice a day!the vets did say i could do those 2cats monthly.just seems a shame that roxxi should feel like that i know without looking at the calender when she is due to be wormed lol.wouldnt be so bad if they didnt eat the blinkin things!!not as if theyre half starved!!lol

Mags
01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
If your vet said it was ok to worm those two every month, fair enough ........ but I think you should check with your vet again before worming every 3 weeks just to be on the safe side.. :)

catsinc4
01-02-2008, 12:15 AM
thanks yes i will do to check, just wondered if any1 knew or had had similar probs

Fran
01-02-2008, 12:33 AM
I worm my 'hunters' every 3 months and my indoor only cats every 6 months. I wouldn't be happy worming any more frequently than this...