PDA

View Full Version : Computer virus

Tom_J
30-01-2008, 05:52 PM
anyone who has msn, if you get a message from your friend or someone else (I dont know if its emails as well) and it has somthing about myspace on it, dont watever you do open it or download it its a virus and will harm your computer one of my mates has had it already an it has messed up hers.
Just thought i would tell you just incase

CathyW
30-01-2008, 07:25 PM
thanx for that tom, but luckily we use linux and dont get viruses,or adware or any other nastys :)
took a bit of getting used to, but if i can use it anyone can LOL

Annestaff
30-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Worse virus I ever got was through msn :mad:

I was chatting to someone and a picture file came through from another friend on my contact list, so thinking nothing of it I opened it. Straight away my computer went barmy and I found out afterwards as soon as I opened it it sent itself to everyone on my email list, people like me thought nothing of it and opened it infecting there PC's too.

I havn't really used msn since :lol:

alexgirl73
30-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I got one through msn the other day. I thought it was frm my step daugher but it was actually a virus, I opened it and thank heavens for ZoneAlarm, it wouldn't let me, said it was a virus! First time I've had that happen so I'm being very vigilant now.

Tom_J
30-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I got one through msn the other day. I thought it was frm my step daugher but it was actually a virus, I opened it and thank heavens for ZoneAlarm, it wouldn't let me, said it was a virus! First time I've had that happen so I'm being very vigilant now.

Thats what happened to me and that is the virus im thinking of. Zonealarm saved me too. ;)

dandysmom
30-01-2008, 09:54 PM
The joy of being a Mac user.....:D but nice of you to pass along the warning......