PDA

View Full Version : argh! misfit chewed up my glasses..*sigh..*

Tink
29-01-2008, 08:40 AM
our youngest pup chewed up my last pair of good glasses...she chewed up my backup pair a few months ago and i thought she was totally over this phase. they are beyond even doing a temporary tape up job..frames are totally broken and twisted and only found one of the lenses. i don't even have backup contact lenses because last time i used them i got some weird infection in them and had to throw them out. my eye doc is not in until wednesday...i had to call and cancel my appointments for tomorrow leaving voicemails saying my dog ate my glasses..i'm sure that sounds like such a lie but it's true! guess i won't be going anywhere this week... i can't see more than a few feet in front of me without them at best and driving would be out of the question...especially now that it's snowing...argh.

Mags
29-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh dear Tink, that's unfortunate..:( At least when you get your new glasses you'll know not to leave them around where the pup can get them....:?

Meanwhile, you'll have to be extra vigilant.......take care!:)

dandysmom
29-01-2008, 05:32 PM
How awful! I'm completely dependent on my glasses for distance, so know what you're going thru! Did you get them at the optometrists and could call in to have new ones made (assuming they have your prescription on file?) Or is it time for an eye exam and possibly another prescription? Poor you!

angieh
29-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Goodness Tink! I'd be lost without my specs too - take care won't you?

Tink
29-01-2008, 06:16 PM
How awful! I'm completely dependent on my glasses for distance, so know what you're going thru! Did you get them at the optometrists and could call in to have new ones made (assuming they have your prescription on file?) Or is it time for an eye exam and possibly another prescription? Poor you!

i can but i'm in a small town and my eye doctor is only open wednesday through friday...i can't remember when the last exam was, i hope i don't need another. i am so broke right now, i'm not sure if i can even afford temporary contacts..the last time i ordered more glasses it took three weeks for them to come in...

dandysmom
29-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh, so you get the glasses thru the eye doctor, rather than taking the prescription to an optical shop? That does complicate things...and that's a ridiculous wait for them to be made! I have a rather odd prescription, apparently, it usually takes a week; I thought that was bad..:roll: Hope you see him tomorrow and will get new ones soon; let us know.