PDA

View Full Version : Very sad - looking for a friend :(

Gwenny
28-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I wonder if you could help me...

I recently lost my beloved cat - he was my best friend and died in my arms most horrifically. I am 21 and had him for 13 wonderful years.

I am finding life without a cat quite unbearable, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any kittens that need a very loving Mama to look after them?

Thank you for reading.

Gwenny x

Moli
28-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi warm welcome to Catsey, sorry to hear of your loss, hope you find a kitten soon...

Gwenny
28-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Thank you :)

yola
28-01-2008, 11:09 PM
That sounds truly awful. I feel for you; you must miss your cat terribly :(

If you're looking for a new companion may I suggest your local Cats Protection branch? They will have cats of all shapes, colours and ages and I suspect one will tug at your heartstrings when you expect it least.

I hope you stick around and let us know how you get on; oh and welcome to Catsey :-)

babycakes
28-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss I am pretty sure that another kitty will find you very soon X Welcome to Catsey

alexgirl73
28-01-2008, 11:52 PM
so sorry to her of your loss, but as Yola says, give your local CP a call, there are always cats and kittens there looking for a loving home. Hope you find that special one soon. Welcome to catsey!

Mags
29-01-2008, 12:01 AM
So sorry for your loss, I hope you find your special cat/kitten soon...

Welcome to Catsey, please let us know how you get on..:)

Gwenny
29-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies - all help is greatly appreciated :) You're very kind. X

kelly-joy
29-01-2008, 06:30 PM
sorry for your loss good luck in finding your new fur baby

dandysmom
29-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Sorry for your loss; do check CPL, you may find just the right one to fill a cat-sized hole in the heart.... welcome to Catsey!

Gwenny
29-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Thank you, I've checked everywhere to no avail so far.

Can't find any kitty babies anywhere :(

Gwenny
31-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey everyone, just to update you....

I have found a baby! I got him from a rescue center near to me - he's a little 4 1/2 month ginger baby and he was found by a river soaking. They think maybe someone tried to drown him :(

He is very loving but also playful with beautiful amber eyes. I'm glad to have been able to give him a home.

Elaine
31-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Aww bless him. Congratulations to both of you xxx

dandysmom
31-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Wonderful news! Have you decided on a name for the little fellow? Pics, lots of pics, please!!!

Gwenny
31-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I am trying to sort out pics as we speak...with difficulty!

Prepare yourself - his name is.......

Niro-Valentini Vito 'Joey Banana's' DeLuca......

Mr DeLuca for short! He is a gangster cat you see...

:lol:

Elaine
31-01-2008, 10:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love that name.

Kazz
31-01-2008, 11:22 PM
So very very pleased you've found each other. Love the name too, and looking forward to pictures.

alexgirl73
31-01-2008, 11:40 PM
lol@ the name! Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Mags
31-01-2008, 11:41 PM
So pleased you have found your kitten.....we'll look forward to pics of him growing up..:D

Fran
01-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Congratulations on your new baby!! Looking forward to piccies!

Grete
01-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Just caught up with this thread, so sorry to hear of your loss :( How brilliant tho you have found another furbaby to snuggle in your heart :)

Your late kitty will be so happy for you and can play at the rainbow bridge content knowing you are being looked after :)

Gwenny
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Pfffft....

:'(

Feeling sad tonight. Missing my old baby so much. Have to go pick up his ashes tomorrow. Might be silly but I'm worried he'll be annoyed I got Mr DeLuca. Very sad tonight.

Moli
03-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Its quite normal to feel sad after a loss, it will get easier.....Hugs...xx

babycakes
03-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Awww Gwenny. I'm sorry you are sad. He wouldn't be annoyed he sent Mr Deluca to you to love, he knew you needed a warm bundle in your arms and sent the right furbaby at the right time for you. You are sad because of the enormity you are facing of picking up his ashes. Do something really nice with them and look after yourself right now.
Mr DeLuca is with you so you don't feel quite so alone and you can bury your face in his warm fur X

angieh
03-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi Gwenny - I was really touched by your story and so glad that you have a new kitty in your life.

My dear friend Smudge died some while ago now and I still have her ashes here with me in the study. I know just where I am going to put them, but (silly me really) I am waiting for the warmer weather. I got a nice piece of slate engraved with her name. I am sure that it was a Welsh firm that did it for me. If you would like their details, pm me. I'm sure it helps to know where your dear pet rests and to have remembered them fittingly. ***HUGS*** to you and Mr DeLuca (one lucky kitty!)

Gwenny
03-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Thank you all. Just having a rough night. My Gran's currently in hospital too - everythings just on top of me. I'll probably feel silly tomorrow. Thank you all for being so lovely. X

Moli
04-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Please do not feel silly, we all go through bad times, and Catsey is the place we all come for support....we are all here for you....xx

Grete
04-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Hope you are feeling a little better today *hugs*.

I *know* your late baby would be happy for you - it was time for him to go to the bridge but he made sure you were being looked after - he sent Mr DeLuca to you :)

dandysmom
04-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Hope your Gran is doing better; things do have a way of all coming at once. Let it out here, you're among friends ,,,,,,, and hugs to you and Mr. DeLuca!

truthisouthere
11-02-2008, 11:58 AM
I hope things are improving with your family. As for that ginger cat finding you..all things happen for a purpose. That little ginger cat needed you, and I hope you can at least take a little comfort from the fact that you were 'in the right place at the right time' for Mr DeLuca.