PDA

View Full Version : Post spay mastitis ??

PoshPuss
27-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi all. As you know Posh had her spay op last Thursday. All was going well but today she's very sleepy and feels hot. She's not an active cat at the best of times but she just wants to curl up in a ball. I've been in work but my OH said she's eaten and taken water. Now I've noticed a fluid collection alongside the nipple line on her left side, the nipples aren't red but her skin is quite flushed where they shaved her pre-op. The wound is intact, sutures are clean and the scar is forming nicely, no pus. Could she be having mastitis? I phoned the on-call vet, he's not too worried as she's been eating and drinking; not used her litter tray yet today though. Any ideas?:roll:
She's not crying in pain, seems happy to snuggle up to me.

Am I just being overfussy ?

yola
27-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Gosh, I don't know! You know her best and if the signs are worrying you then you should get her looked at. It's sometimes better to err on the side of caution than to wait and see (that's my opinion anyway).

Please let us know if she's perked up at all.

alexgirl73
27-01-2008, 11:38 PM
so sorry I missed this earlier. If I were you I'd give the vets a call if she's no better. Hope she perks up soon.

yola
28-01-2008, 10:26 AM
How's Posh this morning??? Better I hope.

PoshPuss
29-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi There. Vet saw Posh yesterday, gave her an exam and said she had a mild temp. so gave her an antibiotic shot. Coz she hadn't passed faeces since the op she also gave her an enema, which Posh later responded too! So alls well it seems, the lump in her front has gone down, prob a mild reaction to the op. Vet didn't seem too concerned. She's very clingy to us and eating only small amounts, very 'picky' and wants to just curl up. Perhaps I'm expecting too much too soon. Will keep you posted. thanks for your replies, nice to know you care :-)
Nette

Moofster
29-01-2008, 12:05 PM
awww just reading this :( poor Posh, bet you both feel a lot better now the vet has seen her !
Heres sending lots of get well soon vibes for the sweetie :smt049

alexgirl73
29-01-2008, 03:24 PM
aww, poor baby. I'm sure she'll feel loads better soon. Keep us posted.

PoshPuss
29-01-2008, 08:23 PM
[http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg56/morganhouse/2007_0118Image0002.jpg]

When you're a little under the weather,No place better to be than on Dad's knees :-)