PDA

View Full Version : What is it with cats and bathrooms ;-)

Moofster
25-01-2008, 07:24 PM
So most days I have a cat that joins me in the bathroom whatever I might be doing in there :-D

Today Miss Moofi was the latest visitor during my shower. She patiently sat on the loo seat watching the drips of water run down the shower door, pawing occasionally :D

When I got out all she wanted was snuggles :smt049 she purred and rubbed up against my wet legs and made a twirling sounds when I stopped tickling as if to complain :smt049 Now I do like the attention, but heck its hard to snuggle and dry at the same time !

Why is it they like to join us in our bathroom activities :D

alexgirl73
25-01-2008, 07:40 PM
aww sweet.

MrsH
25-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Only our very first cat was interested in the bathroom, the others have made occasional visits there but Penny was just weird! If you were having a bath she would wander in, jump up and prowl around the rim of the bath-tub, purring loudly. I was always worried she would fall in and shred my skin in an effort to get out again. Looking back, I suppose we could have just kept the door closed!

dandysmom
25-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Like MrsH only one of mine had any interest in the bathroom: Su-ling used to sit on the rim of the tub and look at me in the water with an incredulous stare.....although Patches in her later years would sneak in and drink from the toilet...:roll:

CathyW
25-01-2008, 09:26 PM
i had ronnie n reggie both trying to get on my lap when i was *busy* they have their litter tray in the bathroom and theres often a Q for the bathroom when im in there.

Grete
26-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Lol I know what you mean Moofster. When we had just Bubbles, she had to come in with you, she'd hop onto the back of the bath which is next to the loo and her back paws would be on the bath and the front of her lying on you :roll: Funnily enough as soon as you made any motion towards the toilet roll, she was up and off ;)

Fizz has to go everywhere I do anyway and she cries if the door is shut on her so in she comes too. Often she explores the surfaces but most of the time she launches at the bath mat and scrabbles it into a ball, purring all the while :) Again she disappears when any motion to the loo roll is made lol.

Funny creatures :)

northern lass
26-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Considering Cats are ment to be scared of water - perhaps they are just worried that we might be scared too, so they come in to make us feel better :lol:

Max and Oli love to stalk round the bath, unfortunately Max fell in yesterday - I have never seen him move so fast - thing is it hasn't stopped him :?

They are also facinated with teeth brushing and Oli will drink from the tap as we are trying to brush our teeth - not in the way at all !! :roll:

Fran
26-01-2008, 12:54 AM
My two Oriental girls insist on licking my legs after I have got out of the bath :lol: Claude, one of my mogs loves to sit on the side of the bath whilst I bathe :cool:

Grete
26-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Oh I meant to add as well, that Bubbles has to rub all over me when I've had a bath or shower - I suspect I no longer smell of her and she has to re-own me ;) Cat fur on wet legs is great! ;)

CathyW
26-01-2008, 09:22 AM
my daughters kitten fell in the loo the other week. some one had forgotten to put the lid down, and hes a nosy little fella.:)

Steph
26-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Why do cats do most things?. Cleo is usually a fairly quiet girl but howls to get into the space under the bath when I am in the bathroom.

Why do cats always help when one is reading or writing by sitting on one`s book,writing paper?

Conker was the funniest-he used to love the greenhouse,-well why not?-It was warm and he often found me there working. And if I ever took a pee-he had to counter mark the same spot:) :)

Megsy
26-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Tito jumps up and sits on top of the cistern while I use the toilet. Crazy cat.

babycakes
28-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Every time I go into the bathroom Denis comes in he jusmps in the bath and cries and paws at the cold tap (never the hot). He waits for me to turn the water on and he drinks it.
When I am in the bath he plays with toys in the water!! (I know I'm sad I bought him them!!).

Moofster
28-01-2008, 11:40 AM
When I am in the bath he plays with toys in the water!! (I know I'm sad I bought him them!!).

:smt049 awwww thats not sad - its sweet !

babycakes
28-01-2008, 11:15 PM
:smt049 awwww thats not sad - its sweet !

He has a wind up penguin and a duck :lol:

John
29-01-2008, 12:22 AM
if Im in toilet Millie will run in from the garden to sit on my lap, I sometimes wonder how she knows Im in there. if the door is shut she will keep scratching untill I open it.when I had my other cat Sandie the two of them would be trying to sit on my lap.as its already been said ..whats with cats and toilets

Moofster
29-01-2008, 12:07 PM
He has a wind up penguin and a duck :lol:

:-D bet those are great fun :-D

urmmm I would ask for photos but of course this a a family friendly site :lol: :lol:

catsmum
30-01-2008, 09:32 PM
We just re-did our en suite. Walk in shower, under floor heating now there is no stopping the cats LOL It is guaranteed I have 3 every morning in there with me. Takes me twice as long to get ready. jefferson sits on the shelf looking through the glass blocks at me and meows and then peeks round to get a fuss, a wet fuss on the head, Xena sits on a shelf meowing her head off and then gets in the way when I am trying to use my lotions and potions LOL and Elsa seems to know exactly where the water will land the furthest from the shower spray and sits on the heated floor mesmerised by the water! I do love having them in there with me though. jefferson sits on my knee too even when I am on the toilet!!!!!!!!!! LOL

babycakes
31-01-2008, 12:10 AM
:-D bet those are great fun :-D

urmmm I would ask for photos but of course this a a family friendly site :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not a pretty site either:roll: