PDA

View Full Version : The changing colours of young torties

Tinker
25-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Rosie and Pheobe (a dark brindle tortie and a dilute brindle tortie) are now 3.5 months old. They have owned us for a month and a half and are growing like weeds :lol:

Their colouring seems to be constantly changing, their ginger/cream patches are beocming more numerous and defined and Pheobe's grey patches are becoming darker on her back. Never having been owned by a tortie before I didn't know their colouring changed and I find it fascinating. At what age do they stop changing colour?

dandysmom
25-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Interesting! I can't comment as my dark brindled tortie was a young adult when I rehomed her, and my two blue torbies never changed coat color. Look forward to replies from other tortie people.......

Mags
25-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I can't say I've noticed Cassie, my tricolour tortie, have any changes in coat colour ...... she's 10 now and I've had her since 6 weeks..:?

Kay
26-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Their colours do alter with age. Leila was quite dark, had a lot of black patches with a bit of red. As she grew more and more red came through. She is now pretty evenly coloured but I can't remember at what age it all stopped. Shannon, Leila's daughter, is a blue-cream tortie and is 9 months. her colour is still developing. Of course mine are Persians and their coats take longer to develope as they are long.