PDA

View Full Version : Casey 7 year old seal point ragdoll

kelly-joy
23-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Casey is currently in the care of the UKRCC, as his owner was no longer able to care for him.
He is a 7 year old, seal colourpointed Ragdoll. His is neutered, but his vaccination status is currently unknown. He is micro chipped.

Due to neglect, Casey's coat is severely matted, with large, dense knots, close to his skin. Brushing and knot splitting is not adequate to deal with the matting and is too distressing for him, so Casey is going to need a de matt done at the vets, under sedation. His tummy is so badly knotted, it is likely that it will need completely shaving. He will be having a health check at the vet later this week and we shall discuss the de matt with the vet then.

Casey is a very friendly, vocal Ragdoll. He has adapted well to life in foster care and has settled quickly. He is eating well and uses his tray reliably.

We are seeking a home for Casey, but he will not be ready to join his new family until he has had his de matt and we have sorted out his vaccinations. It may be that he requires an entire course.

Casey needs a child free, dog free home, where he will receive lots of attention and human companionship. He has been used to living indoors for the past two years. Casey has a long, dense coat, which is prone to matting and will require daily grooming. His new owner will need to be willing to dedicate time to keeping his coat in good condition and establishing a grooming routine. Casey tolerates being brushed, but he does not particularly like it, probably because it is uncomfortable with all the knots, so his owner will need to persevere and be patient, while Casey learns to cope with his grooming regime and develops trust. If Casey is not groomed regularly, he will matt again, badly.

If you feel you can give Casey a life long commitment and can cope with spending time grooming him daily, then please complete our online form

Meet Casey
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/kelly-joy/P1020568.jpg
[IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/kelly-joy/P1020570.jpg[/IMG

yola
23-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Indoor? Longhair? Sounds perfect for me . . . with my years of persian experience. Sadly the kids are the stumbling block. Hoping he finds the right home for him, he's lovely :D

babycakes
23-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Poor Casey I hope someone can dedicate the time he needs.

MrsH
23-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Poor boy, what a shame his coat has got into such a mess, it must be so uncomfortable. I hope he soon finds someone to look after him. I hope he doesn't have to be completely shaved.

charliebubs
25-01-2008, 09:27 PM
He's stunning :smt007

I hope he finds his new forever home soon :)

kelly-joy
28-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Casey has now been with us for a week. He is adorable and spending time with him is totally addictive....I have lost hours since he arrived.He chats and purrs all the time and loves his cuddles. He was very matted, the worst I have ever seen a Raggie and we feared that we would have to resort to a de matt under anaesthetic, which is something we have never had to do. I have spent over 8 hours grooming Casey since he arrived, just doing 15/20 minutes at a time, but several times a day. He has been a good boy and tolerates it in short bursts, telling me with a grumble and a nip, that it is time to stop for a while and so then I give him a rest. With perserverence and masses of co- operation and courage from Casey I have managed to remove all the the matts from his back, sides, around his head and back legs and have de matted over half of his tummy. I have not had to cut out one knot and have just worked on them one at a time and teased them out with a comb. His skin, where he was matted, had become so red and sore, but where he is now matt free, it has returned to a more normal pink colour. smile The whole process must be uncomfortable for Casey, but he has tolerated it like a true gentleman and because he has allowed me to work through his coat so carefully the need for a GA is gone. We have a way to go to finish his tummy and get him entirely matt free, but we shall get there.

He really enjoys the normal routine of grooming and where his coat is now knot free is happy to be brushed all day long, so as long as his new family are willing to groom him properly, daily, then he will fully co-operate and it will be possible to keep him matt free.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/kelly-joy/HF1.jpg

alexgirl73
28-01-2008, 01:41 PM
oh is so gorgeous!! I really wish I could offer him a home, but with 3 cats not possible. I'll keep everything crossed he gets a wonderful new home soon.

scilla
31-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi,

Thanks for update on Casey. Glad he is doing well and welldone for dematting!!

He really is beautiful.

Scilla

angieh
31-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Huge congratulations for getting all those matted lumps out. Casey is a really beautiful cat and I am sure you will soon find him a good home. Good work!

scilla
08-02-2008, 10:57 AM
How is Casey doing!

Scilla

kelly-joy
08-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi thanks for asking. He should be going to his new home next weekend all going well. so another happy ending:D

angieh
08-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Excellent news Kelly-Joy. I hope he settles in to his new home well.

kelly-joy
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM
I am pleased to say Casey will be off to his forever home next weekend