PDA

View Full Version : Worming cream

babycakes
21-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Just bought Sherley's worming cream to try with Denis. It comes in a syringe to administer the right amount to him. (bound to be up the walls, all over my shoes and in the couch, not in Denis' mouth though) :roll:

Has anyone tried a worming cream before? and does it have a pleasant flavour (as stated on the box) or should I hide it in or on something???

Fran
21-01-2008, 10:20 PM
I haven't used that particular brand before BC but I have used Panacur paste which I am assuming is similar as it's in a syringe. Have you tried the Panacur favourites? They are a wormer but in a soft treat like form that a lot of cats (although not all :roll: ) will readily eat?

babycakes
21-01-2008, 10:53 PM
No I havent used them either Fran. I've always used spot on treatment but vet said they are not really effective so wanted a change without the trauma I would put Denis through with tablets or throwing away all the cat food with granules. (he's a bit fussy)

tilly
21-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I have tried worming paste before but not that make. Tilly managed to get it all over her, me, the towel she was wrapped in, my kitchen floor, the kitchen walls!l and the lounge carpet. But I hope it works better for you. Tilly had to have it for several days as she kept vomiting and by the last day I had it down to a fine art (she still got it everywhere though!!) But I think some went in her.
Best of luck

Sally

ps I would try it somewhere you can clean easily ie had wipeable floor just incase.As the stuff I used was quite thick and sticky

babycakes
21-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I have tried worming paste before but not that make. Tilly managed to get it all over her, me, the towel she was wrapped in, my kitchen floor, the kitchen walls!l and the lounge carpet. But I hope it works better for you. Tilly had to have it for several days as she kept vomiting and by the last day I had it down to a fine art (she still got it everywhere though!!) But I think some went in her.
Best of luck

Sally

ps I would try it somewhere you can clean easily ie had wipeable floor just incase.As the stuff I used was quite thick and sticky

O no does it make them vomit??? don't know if I could put Denis through that. Was going to hide it in some chicken

tilly
21-01-2008, 11:18 PM
No sorry Tilly has got Inflamartory Bowel disease which makes her vomit. But the vet thought when she started being sick that it could be worms.
She was sick everyday for a wek and had to stay in the vets in the end.
I have posted link below so can read what happened to her.
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19518
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19575

sorry to worry you

sally

babycakes
21-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Dear me must have been very worrying for you.

smudgley
21-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Don't want to sound negative, but Sherleys isn't a POM & is just rubbish.:shock:

You need panacur worming paste in a syringe. ;)

babycakes
22-01-2008, 12:07 AM
I didn't get it as a POM Smudgley Just p@h why is it rubbish

smudgley
22-01-2008, 12:14 AM
I didn't get it as a POM Smudgley Just p@h why is it rubbish

It's rubbish, because it's not a good brand & Sherleys stuff that you can buy from the pet shop / supermarket is not adequte IMO.

The whole PMO thing is a bit mad now because they have recently started changing some of the worming classifications, so when I would have previously said only POM worming products are any good, it kind of doesn't make sense any more.:?

I would only use products like Panacur or Drontal or Milbemax. I think Sherleys wormer / flea control is not very good & it only treats for roundworms too.

ETA - they may have improved it as I am talking a few years ago since I last had anything to do with ingredients etc in this product, what is in it? Can you look at what's in it & let me know? (can't find ingredients on the tinternet)

babycakes
22-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks Smudgley. This is all very helpful.

It only has: piperazine citrate 25% w/w in it and I think I will be taking it back today and swapping it.

smudgley
22-01-2008, 10:31 AM
well if it's unopened & you are able to swap it for panacur I would do that :)

tilly
22-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Dear me must have been very worrying for you
sorry to slightly off topic but I thought I would let you know Tilly is fine now. She just has to have her special food.
I agree that pancur is a good paste to go with.
Sally

babycakes
22-01-2008, 11:07 PM
That is excellent news Tilly. Thanks for letting me know and can I have some pics of her just to prove it??