PDA

View Full Version : 2 ragdolls called Edgar and Oscar

kelly-joy
20-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Edgar is an 11 year old seal bicoloured Ragdoll. He was born in December 1996. Oscar is an 11 year old Brown Tabby Maine Coon and was born November 1996. Both boys are neutered.

Edgar and Oscar came into the the care of the UKRCC on 19th November, following the death of their owner.

They have both been fully health checked. Both tested negative for FIV and FeLV and their geriatric blood tests were within the normal range , so there is no sign of liver or kidney disease. They also had thyroid tests, but these were normal. They are due to start a vaccination course in the next few days.

We were very concerned about a tumour in Edgars nose and did fear the worst, but the news regards this is very good. It is a benign tumour which has grown due to an abnormal inflammatory immune response and is now being treated with one tablet a week.

Oscar has a heart murmur, but the vet feels this may have been present from kittenhood and is not unduly worried.

Both boys have settled well with their foster Mum, Beth. Edgar is the more outgoing of the boys and he integrates well with Beth’s cats and the dog. He is gentle and friendly. Oscar is more quiet and although he has free access to the whole house now, he chooses to stay in one room and spends much time in his donut bed. He is gentle and happy to be groomed and handled.

Meet Edgar
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/kelly-joy/Edgar.jpg

As you will see from the photo the benign tumour, has caused a disfigurement of his face and a problem with his eye, which waters. He also breathes noisily, but the medication has brought about some improvement and Edgar is doing well. He is eating well and gaining weight.

meet Oscar
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/kelly-joy/Oscar-1.jpg

We very much hope that someone will feel they can offer these boys the loving home they need. They deserve a forever home, where they can live out their twilight years, being loved and spoilt

Oscar and Edgar will need a quiet, child free home, where they will receive lots of love, care and attention. They have been used to having outdoor access, so will need a secure garden, well away from busy roads. They are life long companions and so they must be homed together.

If you can give a life long commitment to Edgar and Oscar and have the love and care to give them, to make their twilight years happy and comfortable, please complete our online form.

Thank you.

babycakes
20-01-2008, 08:19 PM
They are both so very special I do hope that they find their forever homes as soon as possible X Good luck and keep us updated

sarahd
21-01-2008, 09:08 AM
They are both lovely cats.
I have had the pleasure of meeting with Edgar and his facial deformity is not as bad as it would seem. I dreaded meeting him for fear of being upset for him but he was much better than i ever imagined.

Fingers crossed they get there loving forever home soon

Sarah
x

kelly-joy
21-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks Sarah and Babycakes I really hope they find a great home soon poor babies.

angieh
21-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Good luck to you and these two very deserving gentlecats! I am not in a position to help them as I am caring for 21 year old Merlin - my own lovely wizard, but sincerely hope that the right forever home comes along soon.

yola
21-01-2008, 01:40 PM
They are lovely - it's always so sad when an owner has died as it leads to terrible confusion for the cats :( My Mum's house would be perfect for these two, but she has an elderly rescue cat at the moment who will not tollerate any other cats.

I think the idea of older people being matched with older pets is such a good one (something we've promoted at Reading CP), as lifestyles are often most compatible (grandchildren notwithstanding)!!

Here's hoping both boys get the home they deserve very soon!

Fran
21-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Two gorgeous boys, I really hope they find a special home very soon

kelly-joy
11-02-2008, 11:51 AM
These two boys have a new home now

Mags
11-02-2008, 01:10 PM
These two boys have a new home now
Another success....well done!:D