PDA

View Full Version : kuan yin wants ferret food...

Tink
20-01-2008, 03:57 PM
yep, i made the mistake of setting it down the first night taz came home and let her have a nibble with him. it did help them bond straight away but now she wants it..i've had to move his food dish to the third level of his cage because she keeps batting it out and knocking it everywhere to get a taste otherwise...and she's ignoring her wet food...(his is dry)...
do you think it's okay to give her a bit once in awhile kinda like a treat?..here's the nutritional information...

*i'm not too excited by the corn or the flour but maybe just a little wouldn't hurt?...as in a few pieces of the kibble a day..her regular food is all low carb*

Crude protein not les than 36%, crude fat not less than 22%, crude fiber not more than 1.5%, moisture not more than 10%, lysine not less than 2.4%, methionine, not less than 1.05%, taurine not less than 0.25%, omega 6 fatty *acids not less than 3.6%, omega 3 fatty acids, not less than 0.45%.

Chicken by product meal, rice flour, egg product, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a natural source of vitamin E), poultry fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a natural source of vitamin E), wheat flour, whole ground corn, herring meal, beet pulp, chicken liver meal, dried brewers yeast, porcine plasma, ground whole flax seed, lecithin, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a natural source of vitamin E), potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, sodium chloride, ascorbic acid (source of vitamin C), d-alphatocopherol-acetate (natural source of vitamin E), zinc proteinate, zinc sulfate, manganese proteinate, beta carotene, manganese sulfate, inositol, niacin supplement, ferrous sulfate, iron proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, zinc oxide, riboflavin supplement, copper proteinate, selenium yast, copper sulfate, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-biotin, vitamin A acetate, manganuos oxide, vitamin D3 supplement, citric acid, vitamin B12, potassium iodide, menadione dimethyl-pyrimidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K activity, folic acid.)

babycakes
20-01-2008, 05:11 PM
OMG!!! You may have been best listing the things it doesn't contain............

Only joking I have no idea to be honest sorry

dinahsmum
21-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Well, I would have thought that ferret and cat dietary needs are kinda similar, so I'd be really suprised if there was anything in ferret food which would actually harm a cat.
BUT, cats have complicated dietary needs, which are met in commercial cat foods, so it's important she eats a more or less cat-focussed diet.
I don't think little treats should do any harm, as long as they remain little and for treats only.
What a sweet pair they are :)