PDA

View Full Version : Think Chloe is Ill

Donna
20-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Think she has cystitus again :( A couple of wees on the kitchen floor yesterday when I got home from work, and this morning about ten trips to the litter tray with nothing materialising.....

She has not eaten wet food for a while and doesnt drink water which is her problem - dry food alone is just no good for her :?

Trip to the vets is in order... but in the meantime I have found some metacam she had before... could I give her that to start with. It is still within the expiry date.

EmmaG
20-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Sorry to hear that Donna, I hope the metacam makes it easier for her.

kado
20-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Guinness knows how she feels. He has the same problem at the moment. Give her a hug from me and guinness please and let us know how she gets on.

Fran
20-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Poor Chloe :( I hope she starts to feel better really soon x

Mags
20-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Poor Chloe :( I hope she'll be feeling better soon, Donna...

babycakes
20-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Poor Chloe I do hope she is better soon

Moli
20-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Poor girl, sending healing vibes to her...

Amie
20-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Would adding water to her dry food Help?
Hope she is feeling better soon.

dandysmom
20-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Was she diagnosed with infection or inflammation the last time? I ask because the medications are different. When Leia had a bout of cystitis a little over a year ago they put her on antibiotics at first; then changed her meds as it was an inflammation, not infection. Leia prefers dry food, but I usually put a good sized sprinkle of the dry on her wet food, so she manages to get most of the wet that way....

Donna
20-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Was she diagnosed with infection or inflammation the last time? I ask because the medications are different. When Leia had a bout of cystitis a little over a year ago they put her on antibiotics at first; then changed her meds as it was an inflammation, not infection. Leia prefers dry food, but I usually put a good sized sprinkle of the dry on her wet food, so she manages to get most of the wet that way....

They treated her for both as they wernt sure if it was infection or inflamamation. Or they wanted to charge me for both meds :roll:

She loves dry food, but doesnt drink enough. Bought some more wet food today and she has not eaten anything as she turned her nose up at it :roll:

Mags
20-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Try tempting her by sprinkling a very small amount of dry on top of the wet, Donna......

EmmaG
20-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Donna, does she like Tuna? If so if you get a couple of tins of tuna in spring water and just drain off the water and dilute this with a bit more water, she might drink it? Both my cats love this.

Donna
20-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Donna, does she like Tuna? If so if you get a couple of tins of tuna in spring water and just drain off the water and dilute this with a bit more water, she might drink it? Both my cats love this.

Yes she does - might try this. Thanks Emma!

dinahsmum
21-01-2008, 09:59 AM
And maybe Whiskas 'Sprinkles' would tempt her to wet food. Just a few on top.
What about milk (even though cats aren't supposed to have it really)? If she'll drink it and it doesn't upset her, perhaps she's take a bowl of half anf half milk and water.
Poor thing - I expect the nasty wet weather is making her reluctant to go out, and there she is with the cystitis urgency. Hope you get an early appointment and she'll soon be better.

Fran
21-01-2008, 10:56 AM
I hope Chloe is feeling a little better today Donna, let us know how you get on at the vets....

angieh
21-01-2008, 11:59 AM
So sorry to hear about Chloe. Cystitis is horrible enough in humans, so we all feel for poor Chloe. If she was prescribed Metacam for the condition beforehand I see no reason why you shouldn't give it to her again. I expect your vet will give her anti inflammatory and anti biotic injections to calm things down - that's what mine does and it does tend to settle down fairly quickly. Merlin has Metacam every day and has done so for some years now. He had the dog version before it was licensed for cats - he always seems better with it than without it.

Let us know how Chloe gets on please. Poor girl!

dandysmom
21-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Any news on Chloe today?

Steph
21-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I know I am preaching to the converted but dehydration will send a cat downhill very quickly and they refuse to eat.

It`s a slight indigitity but syringing some water down the throat in small amounts but regularly can make an enormous difference.

Rosie's_mummy
22-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Have you felt if her bladder is enlarged?
xx

Donna
22-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding.... it has been a hectic few days...

Chloe is much, much better thank you all. She is on anti inflammatories and I have found some wet food she is happy with - Felix pouches (she did have them a while ago but she went off them, so we have gone round full circle!)

I am adding water to the dinner and she is eating it very well as well as drinking the added water.

I have stopped the dry food all togther much to Misty's dismay!!

Thank you all for your kind wishes and ideas! x

Mags
22-01-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm glad Chloe is a lot better Donna, hopefully she will continue to eat the Felix pouches now...:D

Fran
22-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Good news Donna!! :D