PDA

View Full Version : A true tale

Steph
20-01-2008, 12:19 AM
We moved here with three cats, Oscar went first from renal failure,Conker was always one to go hunting and the road I think took him. Parsley was our first and missed Conker.

So we got Cleo( a rescue girl not a year old),she was so nervous,she didn`t even purrr at first.Parsley took to her.

One day he went to defend his territory but not with the heart he had when Conker was beside him-Cleo rushed up and said "I`m here for you"

It was the start of a friendship. When Parsley went blind she bashed into him to cuddle and play. He got his eyesight back(same anti BP tabs as I take) and they lived together for another two years.

Cleo is now the only cat and although we rescued Rags who had two happy years she is now getting on herself and prefers a lap and us all to herself.

After over 25 years of cats-would we have another after Cleo?-Do I want the pain any more?

Ask me another time

Mags
20-01-2008, 12:33 PM
That's such a lovely story, thank you for sharing it with us...:D

yola
20-01-2008, 01:36 PM
That's a nice tale of cats that have obviously been loved. And WOULD you get a companion for Cleo?

Well, only you can answer that . . . hopefully when you get to the point where you've made a decision you can tell us, we love to hear about cats with new homes :-D

angieh
21-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Lovely story Steph. I'm sitting here with a tear in my eye. Lots of us here at Catsey know exactly what it's like to lose a dear friend and the pain is so huge it really tries to burst out of you but the pain gets less as time passes and you become able to take hold of those lovely memories and I know I would never want to be without them, so do as you must but those memories are really worth all the pain and think of the lovely years of friendship and care that those lucky cats have had!

Fran
21-01-2008, 04:47 PM
What a lovely story :cat22

Steph
17-03-2008, 05:09 PM
You know thinking about Pootle brought me back here. I think it was one of my first posts after saying hello.

We are a special breed.

We know the pain,we know the love.

Elaine
17-03-2008, 05:25 PM
I missed this thread the first time round. Thankyou for drawing my attention to it now.
You know, although it breaks my heart completely to lose a cat or any animal, I just cannt ever imagine being with out them. For me, the joy and companionship they bring far out weighs the heavy heart i carry today.
Thankyou Steph;)

babycakes
17-03-2008, 07:25 PM
I missed this thread the first time round. Thankyou for drawing my attention to it now.
You know, although it breaks my heart completely to lose a cat or any animal, I just cannt ever imagine being with out them. For me, the joy and companionship they bring far out weighs the heavy heart i carry today.
Thankyou Steph;)

Me too Elaine. They are special and all so very unique. I miss all the cats I've had for that reason. :cry:

I'm sorry I didn't see this the first time round either X

angieh
17-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I did catch your lovely post first time Steph and I am still of the same mind. For all the heartache which can seem overwhelming, I would not for one moment wish that I had not had the years of comfort and pleasure that being that special friend to a cat can give.

dandysmom
17-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Anther one who missed the original thread and glad it was resurrected. The pain of loss is very hard, but I cannot imagine a house without a cat in it.......or cats ......

BengalBlonde
24-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I couldnt imagine my life without cats. I made a promise to my dearest Lucy ( the cat love of my life)on her death I would not have another pusscat. However a little lady called Miss Ellie May came into my life shortly after that and I think she is Lucy reincarnate. Sometmes she looks at me and its the same dreamy look Lucy lou used to have , she also enjoys being carried like a stoll around my shoulders - the same, If I step on her I say accident and she understands the same. So I broke my promise to Lucy ( recently I found a diary I kept of the pain I felt when she died, how desolate I felt and alone) I too thought the pain would never ease or fade but it does, the ones Ive lost live on in my head and my heart. I now have over 15 cats ( 4 moggies including Miss Ellie) My heart goes out to anyone who has lost an animal love, to me there is no greater loss. Im better able to cope now but it hurts like hell at first.I would say to anyone , dont deny yourself anything in life , its not the rehearsal.