PDA

View Full Version : Notts and Derbys Cat Club Show

Soupie
19-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Lovely day but long, tiring and not impressed with no rossies for the side classes because I am a rossie junkie :oops: He he!

I have to say I found the venue a bit odd - the cats were packed in with the shopping area really spacious and the hall was stifling from the outset and we thought we would have to withdraw little Mister as he was panting and upset but I fanned him off and sponged him and he had settled before judging started :)

He did well today getting his second IC at the tender age of 9 months and 16 days and 1st & BOB in his open class too. He was less successful in his side classes today as he was against mature British Shorthairs most of whom were titled cats and one of whom is a cat who wins everywhere and everything - black BSH female neuter! Still got 1 first, 2nd and 2 fourths but only 1 cat, 2 cats and 4 cats in the classes respectively :lol:

Judges comments on sides were simply lovely cat but immature at the moment which is perfectly true ;)

Lovely to see Kay again and meet her cats and sorry I missed both Fran and Grete - hope to see you both soon though :D

Fran
19-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Congruatulations on a successful day Soupie!! What do you mean there were no rosettes for the side classes? They had them last year :?

Soupie
19-01-2008, 08:39 PM
No rosettes for the side classes or club classes this year just prize cards and I didn't receive all of those ..... They did rosettes for the trophy classes though but not a club member I had not entered these.

I just find it disappointing that's all after the entry fees are not cheaper than elsewhere. I have to say the rossies we did get though are lush! Especially the best of breed one which was in the perfect shade of green to complement Mister's coat in piccies :D

Mags
20-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Congratulations on the successes Soupie! :D

Kay
20-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Congratulations Sarah and Mr Fantastic. Sorry I didn't get round to seeing Mr F. at this show but it was great to see you again Sarah. I too was very disappointed about the lack of rosettes and I am going to write to the committe to complain about this. Are you going to complain, Sarah? The more people that write the better.

Grete
21-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Well done Mr F and Soupie! I was sorry not to get my cuddle but I enjoyed 'chatting' with him when I stopped by his pen :)

Soupie
21-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Congratulations Sarah and Mr Fantastic. Sorry I didn't get round to seeing Mr F. at this show but it was great to see you again Sarah. I too was very disappointed about the lack of rosettes and I am going to write to the committe to complain about this. Are you going to complain, Sarah? The more people that write the better.

Yes I will do! After all it's not as though they paid prize money instead or entry fees cheaper and they did no Best of Variety or Best in Show so they hadn't had to pay for those prizes either....

sarahd
21-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Well done on yet another sucessful show day.

Its so disappointing when you don't get rosettes for the side classes isnt it? The last show we went to that did that they did money prize draws instead. They did a prize draw for each section ie British, Semi Longhair etc etc and then an overall prize draw for more money and that was for the whole show entries.

Sarah
x

yola
21-01-2008, 10:53 AM
What a shame about the rosettes. It would have been nice, with everyone working so hard :( Well done on your successes :D

Fran
21-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I'd have been very disappointed that there were no rosettes for the side classes. After all, it's certainly not cheap to enter the show, the least they can do is provide you with a rosette! I know some shows offer cash alternatives to rosettes but for me I'd rather have the rosettes. If I'd have entered, I certainly would be putting a formal complaint in to the show manager :evil:

angieh
21-01-2008, 12:43 PM
No rosettes for the side classes or club classes this year just prize cards and I didn't receive all of those ..... They did rosettes for the trophy classes though but not a club member I had not entered these.

I just find it disappointing that's all after the entry fees are not cheaper than elsewhere. I have to say the rossies we did get though are lush! Especially the best of breed one which was in the perfect shade of green to complement Mister's coat in piccies :D

Ah yes, Soupie ..... those piccies .......... ??????

Well done to you and Mister!

Soupie
21-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Ah yes, Soupie ..... those piccies .......... ??????

Well done to you and Mister!

in the pictures forum - cheshire cat thread :D

BengalBlonde
21-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Well done , I was there as a spectator and also found it odd to be squased in like sardines yet the shopping bit was far flung . Still the atmosphere was nice and everyone was friendly.

Grete
22-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Oh hey you are local to me lol! I'm in Nottingham :)

BengalBlonde
22-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Hi Grete,
Im not too far away at all you're next county to me. I missed best in show as I thought it was going to be around 5pm looked around from my plate of chips and wham everyone was leaving:oops: . Took my friend with me to see what breed she might like to take up she fell in love with my Snow Bengals before we left for the show :-P

Soupie
22-01-2008, 12:35 PM
BB there was no Best of Variety or Best in Show - they do it at this show apparently - which is why I was miffed about the no rossies as well ;)

BengalBlonde
22-01-2008, 01:36 PM
I knew there was something peculiar!! Am blonde though ;) :lol: . I would have been upset too then - thats the best bit!! will you go again?
I show dogs in the past and have to say I much prefer the cat shows - I think its because we just leave them in the lap of the gods as it were and the people are much more friendly.

Soupie
22-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Hmm not sure to be honest I found it a long tiring day with very little space just to sit and chat and very cramped for the cats ;)

I suspect I won't next year as the Shorthaired Cat Society and Rex Cat Association are combining shows in Jan 2009 and with two cats which will go and be entered in both shows, I will have a quiet rest of January :D