PDA

View Full Version : peeing!

catsinc4
19-01-2008, 03:17 PM
hi,roxxi who is 18 months and neutered. yesterday morning peed on my daughters school bag on the sofa!i wasnt sure it was her until this morning i catch her squatting in the dogs bed peeing and there was floods of it!she has never!!done this b4.nothing has changed.there is a litter tray which no1 uses!she has 24hour access to outside via the cat flap, which she is still using quite happily!i had been up about 15 mins this morn and she was following me around as she does in the hope of food even though there are biscuits down for her,then next thing she is doing an almighty pee on the dogs bed!with the dog in it i might add!!if things were different here or she was wary using the cat flap id think stress,and if it was only little bits of pee id think infection but there was masses this morning,like the 1st pee of the morning amount lol.any thoughts??plz!!i dont want a smelly house or a cat that just pees where she feels like.in every other way she is as per normal..:?

dinahsmum
19-01-2008, 03:37 PM
I'd go ?infection? as first possibility - so a vet visit seems a good idea. If that's rules out then you have to think stress and try to work out what it is causing the stress. Could it be as simple as filthy weather and inability to enjoy outside?
No fun for you but try to remember as you mop up that she isn't doing it to spite you - even though it might seem like it. :(
Clear up with a biological washing powder solution, to eliminate all pee smell - both to stop her returning to the spot and to make your house nice and fresh again.
There'll be others along with ideas and suggestions I'm sure
Good luck

Amber
21-01-2008, 10:27 PM
As dinahsmum said, if this is unusual behaviour I would take her to the vet for a check. It is possible that she has an infection even if she is passing regular amounts of urine, it really depends on the severity and the (possible) condition she has.

Again as stated above, if nothing physical is wrong, then stress is the most likely cause. Having access to the outside does not necessarily eliminate stress.

Also if she has had a urinary infection, it could be that it has hurt whilst urinating in the litter tray, and so she now associates the litter tray with pain - may be worth considering. Maybe a hooded tray would also be an idea to give her that little bit of privacy.

Willow12
22-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi, I had the same problem with my neutered boy, after being checked out at the vets to make sure there was nothing wrong, the vet said stress and gave me some cat pheromone spray which I sprayed on his collar. It worked a treat and he has been loads better - just the occasional wee in the kitchen sink (haven't a clue why!!) but still loads better than any soft furnishings which took his fancy!

Fran
22-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Hi, I have only experienced a similar scenario to this once and my cat, although male, did have a urinary infection. I'd most definitely get her checked over with your vet. Do let us know how you get on...

catsinc4
01-02-2008, 12:13 AM
no more incidents it was 2 very windy days she did it,tia broke her leg that ime last year on a similar night and tia didnt come home(this time)until the afternoon of the peeing in the dog bed,having been gone since the tea time b4.i had to go looking for her,found her dry but starving and screaming.mustve been hiding from the storms.so wondering now with hindsight IF those factors had anything to do with it??

danits_24
08-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Pee can point that your cat is marking her territory... my cat is doing it too, but you described a lot of pee. My cat, when he was peeing on the couch, it was never that much.

Mabye it's best if you take her to the vet to check for other causes...