PDA

View Full Version : Cats and music...

Tom_J
15-01-2008, 05:40 PM
i was just wondering because oli is sitting next to me on a chair and is listening to the music i have on.

Do some cats like different peices to others?? and do they actually listen to it??:p

dandysmom
15-01-2008, 05:48 PM
None of the seven I've had ever paid the slightest attention to music.... which is always on in my house.......

alexgirl73
15-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Mine dont bother with tv, but Cooper loves to watch snooker lol!

Tanya
15-01-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't think Oli actually listens to the music, he sits next to us for company. Saying that, he does seem to like watching the tele though. ;)

Moofster
15-01-2008, 06:57 PM
We leave the radio on my for my kitties :-D :-D so they better like it :-D :-D

They love to watch the telly, Miss Moofi loves fly-ball when Crufts is on !

catsmum
15-01-2008, 09:41 PM
they are not bothered about music but TV - well they are all Formula One experts, we never miss a race ever and all 5 love to sit and watch the cars whizzing round the tracks, especially Gabrielle and Xena.

We got a video for cats years ago and it was hilarious to watch what they did.

Wildlife shows are always a hit but cars are the favourite :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
15-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Mine, with the exception of one, are like me: not into sports. But my Siamese loved to watch baseball with my Dad !!

babycakes
15-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Denis will watch the TV when football or animal programmes are on (even to the point of sitting ontop of it and trying to get at the ball or the animals)
He doesn't seem too bothered with music and he hates me singing but then I am pretty rubbish at it

Grete
15-01-2008, 10:16 PM
hehe Bubbles isn't fussed by the TV at all but Fizz loves to watch it. She especially loves it when the DVD is on pause, there is a screensaver that has the logo bouncing around a black screen changing colours. She is happy to chase it for ages ;)

I do leave the TV on for the cats if I go out :oops:

My first Cat was a little girl tabby called Suki. She used to 'sing' along when I played the Violin - not sure if she was commenting on how badly I played or enjoyed it but it was hilarious ;)

EmmaG
15-01-2008, 10:35 PM
My cats love music, especially when I sing to them!!!! lol must be a bit deaf!!! :)

dandysmom
15-01-2008, 10:39 PM
I had a harmonica I was given; found it at the back of a drawer years later, got it out and played "Red River Valley" (the only song I could play on it). My Siamese looked at me in horror, gave a yowl and fled from the room! :-D

babycakes
15-01-2008, 11:56 PM
I had a harmonica I was given; found it at the back of a drawer years later, got it out and played "Red River Valley" (the only song I could play on it). My Siamese looked at me in horror, gave a yowl and fled from the room! :-D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

angieh
16-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Merlin isn't bothered by music and neither was Smudge (GBNF). They both sometimes liked watching birds on the TV, but not always so not a reliable indicator. Smudge liked watching me play games on the PC. I think she liked watching the cursor moving and was a fan of Solitaire. She would fold her claws around one of my fingers and we'd sit here, Smudge on the desk holding my hand and me using the other hand for the mouse! I still miss her, especially when I'm playing around on the PC - lump in throat time.

Tink
16-01-2008, 06:26 AM
i made kuan yin's first baby video to the remake of across the universe by fiona apple...everytime i watch that vid or listen to that song i feel such enormous love for my baby and she purrs whenever it comes on.

Tom_J
16-01-2008, 05:19 PM
lol oli seems to love watchin football, watchin them run around he goes up and hits the tv with his paws ;)

babycakes
16-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Merlin isn't bothered by music and neither was Smudge (GBNF). They both sometimes liked watching birds on the TV, but not always so not a reliable indicator. Smudge liked watching me play games on the PC. I think she liked watching the cursor moving and was a fan of Solitaire. She would fold her claws around one of my fingers and we'd sit here, Smudge on the desk holding my hand and me using the other hand for the mouse! I still miss her, especially when I'm playing around on the PC - lump in throat time.

Aww some memories are really precious arn't they (((hugs)))