PDA

View Full Version : Free to good home smelly Sky!

Liz
14-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Does anyone want a 7 month old smelly deer pooh covered 7 month old Border Collie!!!!!

Sky has been playing in a lot of Deer pooh and ingrained the lovely new collar Auntie Elaine got him - collar now soaking and dog has been washed in Lavender shampoo and he still smells - his Daddy has a cold and doesn't smell him - me and his doggie Sister Jazz do!!!!

Auntioe Elaine is bringing him another collar on Thursday when she is stopping by - me thinks he would be a good dog to practice her doggy skills on - he is currently just 7 months and being a stroppy teenager have threatened him with the chop early if it continues!!!!!:shock:

Elaine
14-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Poor Skye, has his mummy fallen out of lurv with hm?:lol:
You should set up some agility things for him in the paddock, I bet he'd just love that;)

Liz
14-01-2008, 10:40 PM
He is still to young and growing most don't do agility til 18 months oh god another 11 months of this!!!!

Elaine
14-01-2008, 10:44 PM
I've never done any sort of agility or anything but I fancy giving it a go. My lungs may pack in trying though:lol:
He must get enough agility training at home dodging all those ferals:lol:

angieh
15-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Sorry if this is out of place but I understand that good old tomato ketchup is great at getting rid of bad smells - I am told it even works on skunk! IF THIS IS TRUE surely it would work on deer poo?

Erin
15-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Sorry if this is out of place but I understand that good old tomato ketchup is great at getting rid of bad smells - I am told it even works on skunk! IF THIS IS TRUE surely it would work on deer poo?

I saw that on myth busters angie,the tested in on skunk smell and it worked.

Bless that little Sky,my Lil likes to roll in smelly stuff too,dogs dont you just love them :roll: :lol:

Liz
15-01-2008, 01:11 PM
He smells much better today and is currently playing in the rain with his pal Max the lab from next door -

The smell is better today and at least his collar is clean and smells of leather again

He is currently wearing a reflective coallr and hates it but at last I can see him in the woods, his pal has lost his the third this year!!!!!!

Grete
15-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Awww poor Sky ;) I don't know what the fascination is with certain animal poo and some dogs :) My old GSD Sasha from way back used to LOVE Fox Poo and if she could find some to roll in, she would. Used to stink to high heaven too ugh lol.

Emm
15-01-2008, 04:45 PM
both my collies love to roll in fox poo but they eat the deer poo and horse poo mmmn lovely LOL

Erin
15-01-2008, 08:05 PM
both my collies love to roll in fox poo but they eat the deer poo and horse poo mmmn lovely LOL

My too are the same with cow poo,they always sniffing it out for a nice tastey treat while out on their walks ....... :smt078 and its always a race to the litter tray if the cats have gone too :smt078

Emm
16-01-2008, 10:42 AM
oh yes I had to move the cat litter tray for that reason and also if one of the cats is being sick one of the dogs is eating it up faster than they can bring it up :lol:

why do we have dogs.........:lol:

Liz
16-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Cause the cats want their own pets!

Sky is currently smelling sweeter and playing with the Lab from next door Max who is still semi clean to

The cats are playing run from the doggies, then stop extend claws and swipe doggies nose. For the first 3 weeks Sky was with us he looked like he had a very scratched nose - he did the cats soon put him in his place the first one was Ace a nasty feral but loves cats and he didn't like being hereded and poor Sky got the left and right - he did at that time think all the black and white cats were puppies!

Now they sleep in his crate with him and take over his bed and eat his food he even lets them play with his furry hippo the only toy he hasn't disected!

Grete
16-01-2008, 03:52 PM
My too are the same with cow poo,they always sniffing it out for a nice tastey treat while out on their walks ....... :smt078 and its always a race to the litter tray if the cats have gone too :smt078

Lol why do they like eating cat poo??? All the dogs me/my parents have had growing up have done this. Not so bad when you have cats who are happy doing all their business outside but in a litter tray and it's there one minute and gone the next bleeeeergh!!

I'd seriously love to have a dog again but Fizz doesn't seem to want to do any business outside, Bubbles only goes in the tray when she absolutely has to ;)

Erin
16-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Lol why do they like eating cat poo??? All the dogs me/my parents have had growing up have done this. Not so bad when you have cats who are happy doing all their business outside but in a litter tray and it's there one minute and gone the next bleeeeergh!!

I'd seriously love to have a dog again but Fizz doesn't seem to want to do any business outside, Bubbles only goes in the tray when she absolutely has to ;)

I read somewhere its because cat poo is really high in protein and dogs like that,not sure how true this is.
Think im going to toilet train the cats so I wont have to worry about this any more :lol: