PDA

View Full Version : Guinness poorly

kado
14-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Guinness had to goto the vets today his cystitas is playing up again. The vet said his bladder wasnt realy full but gave him two injections and we have to take him back on Wednesday. The vet also weighed him and in September he weighed 7.6kg his weight has now gone upto 8.8kg. She told us to feed him two thirds of his special food he doesnt eat a lot anyway. So its picking up there dishes evertime they have some food now but we will do anything to help him.

kado

Tom_J
14-01-2008, 06:31 PM
aww hope wednesday goes well keep us posted

Mags
14-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Hope Guinness will be feeling better soon..:(

dandysmom
14-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Poor boy, hope he's feeling better soon.....keep us posted.

catsmum
14-01-2008, 09:34 PM
sending hugs and hope he feels better soon

random
14-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Poor thing, hope he feels better soon! x

babycakes
14-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Aww poor thing. Hope he's feeling better soon. Do you think he's overweight? some cats are just heavy, Denis is but he's solid not fat.

Elaine
14-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Poor Guiness, I hope he feels better very soon and his cystitis can be kept under control. xxx

angieh
14-01-2008, 11:31 PM
It's very worrying - so sorry to hear about Guinness. My Merlin has bouts of cystitis every now and then. The vet generally gives him antibiotics and anti-inflamatory injections. He is on Metacam daily in his food and has been for a long time. So long as there is no obstruction, it is very treatable, like in humans. Try to encourage him to drink water if he does not already do so.

Moli
14-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Hope he is feeling better soon..my Leo had a really bad bout of it about 5 years ago..

kado
15-01-2008, 09:42 AM
He seems a bit better this morning. A friend came yesterday who he realy likes came down and he sat on the seat next to her. I dont think he his much over weight at the most 1.5kg. He always has been big never a big eater though. He doesnt like going out if he does he tends to go to friends houses to sleep on there beds. In the last couple of weeks he has been realy active with his xmas toys so i cant understand where his weight has come from. I put there food down this morning and he was the first to leave it (they got me up for it by sitting on me ).

jane

Fran
15-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Hope Guinness is quickly on the mend x

dinahsmum
15-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Hope he's fully better soon

Grete
15-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Awww poor Guinness, hope he's 100% again soon.

Could he be getting fed from somewhere else too? If he goes to friends houses to sleep on their beds, might they be slipping him a snack too?

dandysmom
15-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Grete has a good point there! I'd check it. The cat I grew up with did that, mooched from the neighbors and would be picky at home .....

Tom_J
15-01-2008, 05:28 PM
yeah i remember a cat that did that round where i used to live
id say just to be safe, check, gd luck ;)

kado
16-01-2008, 12:16 PM
He went to the vets this morning and had another injection. He has perked up a bit since yesterday and we are cutting his food down a bit, He has got to go back to the vets for a weight check in a month so we hope he has lost some weight by then. The trouble with him is he is a house cat he rarely goes out and if he does the places he visits knows not to feed him. He just wont go we can leave the door open and he sits there or he goes back too bed. He started to play with a toy someone got him for xmas and he also chases the other cats around. He doesnt like tipbits as well and doesnt have cat treats.

jane

PoshPuss
16-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Look like Guinness is getting better slowly in is own sweet way. He's showing interest in his catpals and toys,maybe a little more exercise and moving about will get his weight down?