PDA

View Full Version : Baby bird

Kazz
13-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Early this morning about 5.00am the dogs were totaly interested in something in the garden but I couldn't see what and thought no more of it.
When I took them out later in the morning, I saw a baby bird a starling or a blackbird (def a baby but a little bigger than a sparrow) soaking wet and crouching down.
Came back still there.:?

Later went to the vets he was still there, when I came back he was still there so have moved an old bird box onto the ground near him and put some seed down.

Now almost 6 hourslater he has moved to up by the house - Lord knows why maybe does not realise two crazy Staffs will at the least - scare him to death. He calls almost in panic when you go near him.

I wonder if the storms have caught him un awares or if a predator of some sort has had him and he's here by accident.

Anyhow now have two cardboard boxes turned on their side, an old bird house and at least 3 turned on their side flower pots round the garden for him to shelter in. And what has he chosen :roll: the sour cream tub I use to take the bird food to the table in, I must have left it outside its blown down by the bird bath and he's in that. Oh well hope he is a fighter....
Fingers crossed. Karen

Kazz
13-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Updated to say he has now come down to the plastic shed, and is behind that....how do I know easy thats where the dogs headed for...wish he'd go back up to the top of the garden.

alexgirl73
13-01-2008, 06:00 PM
aww poor baby, hope he makes it!

Kazz
13-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Me too I think he is almost a flyer but sort of bunny hops but he can't half run he's in that inbetween stage where they spend a day or two on the ground before sort of thing. Not seen a parent return for.to him though....:(

EmmaG
15-01-2008, 10:36 PM
any news Kazz?

Kazz
16-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Well up until yesterday Beep Beep (named for the road runner remember the noise he made ;) ) - he was alive and well and living under the Sundance in the garden. However not sen him today but I have been at work but their was a cat in the garden this morning. ;( so not sure hope he's got stronger and flown away.

Although the cat could have had something to do with Beep Beep' s arrival ie a cat victim.

But yesterday alive and well. Thanks for asking Emma.

alexgirl73
16-01-2008, 07:54 PM
keeping everything crossed for him Karen.

Kazz
16-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I woun't fuss to much Alex, I imagine birds baby and otherwise live and die every day. However I did attempt to help this one a little as he seemed a fighter. e was fine yesterday though legging it about the garden like a Marathon runner......:)

alexgirl73
16-01-2008, 07:59 PM
lol, hope he wins through, but as you say....